Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
CAREERS AT CARGILL
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of two years of related work experience
• Other minimum qualifications may apply
• Fluent in English and in Romanian language.
• Driving license, B category.
• Good knowledge of EHS management systems
• Commitment to safety and ability to lead the team and manage the conflict of interests
• Confirmed ability to deliver processes effectively to optimize business resources
• Basic business acumen and the ability to partner and communicate effectively with business counterparts
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist is a subject matter authority that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations. In this role, you will lead, at low-to-medium complex facility, or help lead, at high complex facility, the implementation, execution and maintenance of the environmental, health and safety and process safety management systems. You will be responsible for in-depth understanding and application of safe, compliant operational practices and demonstrate compliance with company policy, work processes, programs and standards. This role will work with several locations and several site teams in Romania.
• Support the plant manager in facilitating the community and governmental interaction and the external reputation.
• Support contractor environmental, health and safety requirements during construction phase and help test and evaluate environmental, health and safety performance according to design during project startup phase.
• Partner with regional domain and country environmental, health and safety to support management of site impact assessments, operating permits and construction permits.
• Support suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjusting curriculum to reflect site specific needs and deliver training.
• Partner with key site or project leaders to integrate and operationalize environmental, health and safety programs and drive culture of safety, compliance and continuous improvement.
• Understand, localize and integrate company and legally required work processes, programs and controls into site level operating procedures, tools, and work instructions to standardize front line processes and monitor, analyze and adjust for improved performance.
• Ensure strong alignment of goals, metrics and targets with plant vision and targets and govern site performance targets together with plant and site leadership team and consult on planning, issue and incident response and operational environment, health and safety and process safety compliance.
• Conduct incident investigations, identify and analyze root causes to develop effective corrective and preventive measures;
• Overview and facilitate corporate reporting at site level;
• Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Travel requirements.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.