Storage/Virtualization Support Engineer
Oracle, a global provider of enterprise cloud computing, empowers businesses of all sizes on their digital transformation journey. With 430,000 customers in 175 countries, Oracle provides leading-edge capabilities in Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, and Data as a Service.
Our mission is to transform our world for the better through innovative technologies.
Technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science / Management Information Systems / Engineering / Science / Math with a 3.0 GPA or (for Applications) proven professional / technical experience
Fluency in English both verbal and written
Experience and background in technical product support with demonstrated strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Deep and demonstratable knowledge of Cisco networking, switch technologies and protocol layers
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification is a plus and desired
Knowledge and hands on experience of Cisco log troubleshooting including Tech-Support bundles is a plus
Ethernet protocols, network interfaces and network switches
TCP/IP and Routing Protocols
Naming Service and NFS
WAN and Infiniband
Deep knowledge of Oracle Linux, Red Hat platforms administration
Knowledge and troubleshooting experience of OS clients, Solaris, Linux, Windows etc.
Familiarity with command line troubleshooting
Ability to write and understand shell script
Knowledge of Oracle VM (OVM) and OLVM technologies
Knowledge and experience of KVM and Xen virtualization tools/environment
Experience with Virtualization and Cloud (Public or Private) environments in general (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure certified Architect Associate, AWS Associate, Azure Fundamentals, Google Associate Cloud Engineer or Certificate of Cloud Security - - Knowledge (CCSK)) desired
Knowledge of the Linux OS internals, particularly crash/vmcore experience
- Experience with storage filesystems and volume managers, specifically ZFS is a plus and desired
- Knowledge of transport technologies such as fibre channel, iscsi etc.
- Experience with storage arrays (JBOD, RAID etc.), HBA’s and configuration
- Provide industry leading, remote, break-fix support to Oracle Private Cloud Appliance, Oracle Cloud & Virtualization customers, and partners
- Perform fault isolation and advanced troubleshooting methods to drive issues to a timely resolution
- Display and always maintain a high level of professional behavior
- Assist in ensuring Oracle Support Services meets defined KPI’s and Customer Satisfaction goals.
- Create and track product defects & enhancement requests
- Create and update knowledge documentation as necessary to assist with problem resolution
- Act as an interface between Support, Sales and Advanced Customer Service organizations to ensure proper support delivery for customer needs
- Ensure proper implementation of corporate programs and processes
- Work closely with all levels of customer and external engineers and management on the most complex problems
- Prioritize workload and advance technical problems where appropriate to the next level of expertise
- Identify and grow your skills as you look to deliver the highest quality support possible to Oracle customers
- Work weekends / holidays as necessary to support the business