LSEG Technology works with its customers to build innovative, scalable solutions including brokering, clearing, exchange, data, and surveillance. The financial infrastructure marketplace changes at a rapid pace and we strive to always remain competitive, adapt to change and drive innovation to support future growth.
As a Java Developer, you will work on specific projects with opportunities to switch roles, teams and projects as you and our dynamic business grow.
You should be a well-rounded professional who displays leadership qualities and the ability to tackle new problems across LSEG Technology's products and technology stacks.
As a Lead Developer, you will work closely with the Solution Architect, Business Analyst and QA and you will:
- Contributes to and develops high-quality software design and architecture
- Identifies, prioritises and executes tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develops tools and applications by producing clean and efficient code
- Automates tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Supports validation and verification testing
- Collaborates with internal teams (including Product Owners / Business) and vendors to fix and improve product
- Documents development phases and monitor systems
- Mentors the Developers and Senior Developers by providing advice and coaching.
To be successful in this role, we would like you to have at least 8 years' proven experience with the following:
- Expertise in Java programming language
- Expertise in OOP design and programming concepts
- Experience in developing Microservices using Spring boot
- Experience in API development using REST / GraphQL
- Database experience: PostgreSQL, Aurora / Mysql
- Usage of CI/CD pipelines and tool like Jenkins / Travis
- Experience of source controls GIT / Bitbucket
- Experience in cloud infrastructure (AWS/GCP) and cloud-based application deployments
- Experience in following technologies will be an added advantage
- Hibernate or similar ORM's
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- Share Purchase Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension Plan
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.