Professional Services Consultant
This is an excellent opportunity for a Professional Services Consultant with a strong technical slant, looking for a challenging career move. Working within the UnaVista team, part of a leading UK investment and financial services company, you will be responsible for the implementation of the complete software delivery lifecycle for regulatory, post trade, reconciliation, and data solutions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Liaise on a regular basis with client project teams and stakeholders, primarily for the purpose of fulfilling the core software configuration functions and performing basic project management and business analysis duties.
- Implement UnaVista solutions as per the agreed functional requirements, with full accountability for quality assurance.
- Manage internal and client facing (user acceptance) testing, applying appropriate change control practices.
- Perform basic project management duties to ensure controlled implementation of UnaVista solutions to clients.
- Assist with the efficient and accurate elicitation and documentation of client business and functional requirements in accordance with UnaVista business analysis processes.
- Assist with the creation of supporting project/ technical documentation in conjunction with other UnaVista staff.
- Assist the wider Professional Services team with technical input for their work streams.
- Drive problems and roadblocks to resolution with minimal assistance.
- Strong experience in the role of Professional Services Consultant (or similar role), ideally a financial software vendor or financial institution (BO/MO).
- Strong knowledge of SQL, coupled with strong data analysis skills.
- Good knowledge of data manipulation, enrichment, validation, normalisation, and underlying concepts related to data reconciliation and quality management.
- Strong background in incident investigation and incident resolution.
- Good industry/ financial knowledge; ability to communicate and understand terminology used by clients (both technical and financial terminology).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and calm demeanour, especially in escalated circumstances.
- Strong listening skills; open to input from other team members and departments.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Good working knowledge of any ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) product is desirable, but not required.
- The ability to adapt and scale on demand is critical as you may be required to work on concurrent, parallel multi-stream/ multi-client project engagements.
- Experience of requirements management involving both internal and external project stakeholders is important. Experience of project/ process management is desirable, although formal accreditation (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP) is not required.
In addition, a proven software delivery background is preferable within some of the following areas:
- Regulatory/ Compliance reporting - e.g. MiFIR, EMIR
- Post trade services - e.g. trade confirmations, clearing
- Matching and reconciliation - e.g. cash nostro, stock depot, FOBO, intersystem
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder - which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.