Application Development Team Lead
About the Data Solutions Capital Markets Technology Team
Data Solutions for Capital Markets Technology team provide data solutions for the Capital Markets business. The team is comprised of Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW), Business Intelligence and Front-End teams, Application Development (App Dev) teams, a Solution Architect and Quality Assurance team. The team works as a collective to design and build valuable data solutions for Capital Markets business.
The CDW Products team is responsible for delivering critical business logic such as billing and regulation requirements and data analytics requirements for BI reporting for the UK Equity, Derivatives Markets, Turquoise (pan-European Equity Markets) and Foreign Exchange:
The team is responsible for providing an AWS cloud-based data factory (Kafka, EMR, Spark and Flink). The cloud data warehouse is Snowflake with Matillion as ELT tool.
- is small, focused and Agile - consisting of a Product Manager, in-house developers, support staff, external consultants and QA teams.
- will develop a new Data Warehouse for FX transaction data.
- develops using the latest technology.
- helps the QA teams (offshore) to design, build and execute appropriate test suites.
- works with users to train them, coordinating the test and acceptance of the final system solution (UAT)
- deploys changes into production (working with internal Technology Project Managers and devops)
- does 2nd/3rd line production support (issue investigation and analysis, evaluation of priority with business)
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical guidance to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and solutions architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain the applications built on AWS technologies.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in and lead peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyse and resolve technical and application problems.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget. Provide third-level support to business users.
- Experience of design, performance tuning, development and experience with Java applications.
- Experience of leading a small development team, including mentoring and guiding junior developers.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience in Scala and Spark.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-moving environment where needs evolve rapidly and priorities change
- Self-motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Team player (co-operative, support, be flexible, take ownership, appropriate challenge, maturity etc.).
- Highly organised, self-disciplined and thorough.
- Able to build good client (internal and external) relationships; establish and maintain rapport, orientation towards providing client service.
- Interested in the evolution of the Financial Markets in Europe.
- Happy to operate outside of their normal role when required.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- Share Purchase Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension Plan
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder - which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.