Senior Java Developer
The successful candidate for the Senior Java Developer role, reporting to the Group Portal Development Lead, will be part of a permanent Java development function within the Group Portal team. They will work to deliver multiple applications of functionality within our portal framework as part of a new a set of greenfield microservice applications hosted in the Cloud.
- Specifying, developing, writing tests for, and delivering a wide range Java services and applications;
- Working closely with a team of 5 other UK-based and 2 offshore developers;
- Acting as a development lead on individual development items, contributed to by others on the team;
- Working with our Product team to advise on user experience and drive the designs;
- Work with our BA team to drive out requirements;
- Estimating effort for work units, and delivering within those estimates;
- Analysing and selecting appropriate libraries for use;
- Ensuring code is unit tested with tools executable via a CI pipeline;
- Deliver high quality work analysis, design and build servicing the business requirements;
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure a high-quality product;
- Greet new challenges with enthusiasm and provide new viewpoints and inspiration for the team;
- Contribute to discussions around best practice and improvements in ways of working;
- Be involved in continually improving our user experience;
- Own pieces of work from start to finish;
- Gain a detailed understanding of the platform from both a business and technology perspective. Always taking a step back to review the wider context of work being requested, challenging and enquiring further where appropriate.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Spring Boot
- Component Integration Testing
- CI/CD Pipelines
Valuable to have experience of:
- Microservice Design/Integration
- Authorisation and Authentication
- Forgerock AM, IG and DJ
- Terraform & Ansible
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Strong development and delivery experience
- Strong test-driven development and automated test preference
- Knowledge of OTC Rates clearable products (i.e. IRS, FRA, Inflation Swap) useful.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- Share Purchase Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension Plan
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder - which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.