Senior Automation QA - Remote
We are experts in the global search and selection industry - we work with professional and managerial talent worldwide. Utilizing an extensive international network to carry out cross border work allows us to bring a truly unique approach to the recruitment sector.
Antal Bucharest was established in 2003, via Irina Vasile, as one of the oldest master franchisees, and has enjoyed a continuous presence in the market and internationally.
Year after year, our office was locally nominated as Top Profit & Top Revenue in Bucharest as well as among the Top 5 Executive Recruitment agencies in Romania for its area of business, also winning the Best Service Quality Prize of Romanian Franchise National Association.
Antal Bucharest office, as a master franchisee, has launched since 2003 till today other sub franchised offices in across Romania and is willing to expand, continuously.
We have made a number of 3.791 placements, since 2003 till today, all of key experts, mid and top roles, out of them 56% are locally based and the rest, internationally.
- At least 4 years of work experience with a focus on testing
- Familiarity with Java, Cucumber, Gherkin, TDD, RestAsurred, Contract/API Testing, Microservices architecture
- Proven background of at least 4 years in test tools and methods.
- Proven test automation experience of at least 3 years with proper automation frameworks.
- Strong background in testing server-side software, RESTful web services & GUI applications.
- Understanding and experience of Agile and CI/CD methodologies.
- Understanding and/or experience of Git, Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket.
- Together with the team and the test architect, co-determine the test approach and create test specifications.
- Work with the team on testing across the product stack
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities in test approach and implementation areas, particularly in areas of test automation and automation frameworks
- Advice on test approach and hands-on improve existing automated tests, finding the right balance between test coverage and test duration, taking risk into consideration.
- Develop and execute automated testing for assigned projects to successfully and consistently enable the delivery of high-quality software products and services on time, and to specification.
- Submit issues for encountered problems and follow up on them. Investigate failures, perform root cause analysis, and utilize the internal defect tracking tool to create detailed, high-quality defect reports.
- Introduce junior team members to appropriate test techniques. Improve knowledge of testing in your team.
- Suggest process/tooling improvements where necessary. Contribute to defining internal QA goals (evaluation of new tools, setting up new process for performance testing, creating/updating/delivering training to new hires).
Nice to have:
- Experience with testing distributed platforms and microservices is a plus.
- Experience with Behavior-Driven testing or Model-Based testing is a plus.
ISTQB certification is highly appreciated.
- You should first of all be passionate about technology and should be excited by the idea that his work will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
- You should be analytical, product, and quality-oriented.
- You like to investigate issues, you are creative in solving problems and you do not fear presenting your solutions.
- You are open-minded, you like to discuss technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You are a role model for your team and they trust your technical as well as interpersonal and coaching skills.
- You take ownership and you support your team, you are the backbone of your group.
- You are client and quality-oriented - you do not settle for second best solutions, but you strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.