Material Planning Specialist - Manufacturing TSR
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the "SensePlanAct" chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.
* Undertaking material availability analyses and check the orders to suppliers via EDI transmissions, permanent maintenance of the parameters and master data as well as expediting purchase and supply sources, in order to guarantee timely availability of materials;
* Creating, developing and maintaining forecast models for the suppliers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from orders, sales and other sources;
* Translating requirement specifications into procurement requests and orders in order to guarantee timely availability of materials;
* Tracking the ordering and delivery process of suppliers in order if necessary to take corrective measures in good time and be able to provide suitable information;
* Checking the content of supplier delivery notes in order to identify differences and obtain clarification; Monitoring the stock levels and coverage of raw materials and corrective action if necessary, in order to achieve optimum inventory levels with due regard to the Total Cost approach, reduce/avoid excess and obsolete raw material;
* Translating the demand plan into a purchase and inventory plan;
* Controlling of external supply centers in order to guarantee customer supply with optimum inventory levels and at minimal transport costs;
* Monitoring of the delivery dates and dispatching for raw materials in optimum time in order to ensure timely dispatch reliability to the customer and a corresponding value flow;
* Evaluating and monitoring supplier performance (KPI);
* Collecting required data to sustain claim/cost recovery with suppliers and create complaints/cost recoveries due to supplier deficient performance;
* Maintenance of basic master data in the supply area SAP MM.
* University degree;
* Minimum 2 years experience in logistics or in related functional areas;
* Quality oriented;
* Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Word);
* SAP knowledge;
* English skills mandatory.