FEA Engineer for Airbag Control Unit - PSS - TSR
Perform structural simulations focused on vibration analysis of Airbag Control Unit; provide simulation reports and results interpretation using appropriate tools and techniques. Main Responsibilities:
* Perform ANSYS simulations to check the vibration behavior of Airbag Control Unit (ACU) and its assembly location in the car;
* Analyze acceleration signal on different PCB areas to determine the best position for sensors inside the ACU.
* Check the dimensioning of snappers, bushings or other mechanical parts when different loads are applied on unit;
* Provide simulation reports and make design improvement proposals;
* Compare simulation with test results and search ways to improve the simulation method;
* University degree in Mechanical Engineering , Civil Engineering or Physics;
* FEA tools knowledge (ANSYS);
* Experience with simulation techniques;
* Strength of materials, mechanical material properties and behavior;
* Thermal analysis knowledge is an advantage;
* Knowledge of MS Office;
* Initiative and good communication skills;
* Good English skills (reading, writing and speaking);
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the "SensePlanAct" chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.