Jr Engineer - Design Verification
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.Requirements
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Electronics, Communications Engineering or Computer Science
• 1-2 years’ experience in an embedded SoC engineering development or verification role
• Passionate about SoC design and testing of new automotive products.
• Thorough understanding of System Level Verification of integrated circuits.
• Good understanding of mixed-signal integrated circuits (PCB level).
• Background in IC chip design methodology.
• Knowledgeable in the use of Digital Simulation Environment; e.g. Incisive (incl. Code Coverage, Assertions).
• Good understanding of measurement practices and lab equipment. • Skills in object oriented testbench programming.
• Proven experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Verilog, System Verilog and Verilog – AMS
• Knowledge of UVM
• Linux/Unix Programming and Scripting Environment (GCC, BASH, PERL, Python, Tcl).
• Good communication skills to work in a cross functional international team with analog and digital design engineers
Reporting to the Snr. Staff Digital Design Engineer, you will be part of the APID team. As a Verification Engineer, you will be responsible for pre- and post-silicon verification of mixed signal automotive devices.
What’s attractive about this opportunity?
This position will expose you to the implementation of state-of-the-art V&V best practices.
More details on the expectations and responsibilities in this position:
• Planning of verification test concepts. Refinement to test plans with content and effort.
• Develop a verification framework for pre- and post-silicon testing.
• Optimization of automated system-level and module-level simulation.
• Construction of system and module test cases.
• Achieving highly automated post-silicon verification.