Internship Application developer – Oracle Labs
Oracle, a global provider of enterprise cloud computing, empowers businesses of all sizes on their digital transformation journey. With 430,000 customers in 175 countries, Oracle provides leading-edge capabilities in Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, and Data as a Service.
Our mission is to transform our world for the better through innovative technologies.
Experience with object-oriented programming.
Experience with java and python programming.
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
Experience with full-stack programming is a plus: Java, REST-ful architecture, web server frameworks (e.g., Spring Boot), JS/HTML/CSS, UI component frameworks (e.g. React).
Oracle Labs proposes various internship positions on projects aimed at developing groundbreaking technologies.
Oracle Labs is the advanced research and development arm of Oracle. We focus on the development of technologies that keep Oracle at the forefront of the computer industry. Oracle Labs researchers look for novel approaches and methodologies, often taking on projects with high risk or uncertainty, or that are difficult to tackle within a product-development organization. Oracle Labs’ research is focused on real-world outcomes: our researchers aim to develop technologies that will someday play a significant role in the evolution of technology and society.
One example of successful technology developed at Oracle Labs is the PGX project. PGX is a toolkit for graph analytics that supports graph algorithms, such as PageRank, graph queries with PGQL (an SQL-like graph query language), and graph machine learning. It includes both a single-machine in-memory engine and a distributed engine for extremely large graphs, and is already available as an option in Oracle products.
Oracle Labs technology is now leveraged to boost the performance and functionality of various Oracle products and applications including the Oracle Autonomous Database. Our internship topics include, but are not limited to:
· Leverage latest AI and ML techniques to improve the performance of Oracle Autonomous Database.
· Add or improve capabilities of the Oracle Autonomous Database such as: large scale graph processing support, execution of microservice logic closer to the data, etc
· Leverage code generation approaches and domain-specific languages to accelerate data-intensive workloads from graph, relational and machine-learning domains.
· Explore how scalable graph machine learning algorithms can be implemented and used in various ML driven applications.
· Implement new features, enhance existing functionality, measure and improve performance of various web-based data science platforms and graph applications.
Position details and contact information:
Suitable for an internship of three to twelve months with the possibility of a permanent contract extension.
Very competitive salary
Full work at home basis, work from any location in Romania.