AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
Imagine it. Delivered.
Advanced degree in environmental sciences or related fields at master’s degree level or higher. PhD is considered a plus
At least 12 years of relevant experience carrying out environmental and social impact assessments/environmental analyses.
Proven relevant experience in preparing and implementing environmental and social studies in at least two (2) transportation projects.
Excellent knowledge of international best practices in environmental impact assessment and mitigation.
Experience in working with ESIA methodology.
Experience in working closely with government agencies at all levels, and/or NGOs and/or the public at large.
Be able to write and communicate fluently in English; French is considered a plus.
Must possess strong leadership skills and work well in a team environment.
• Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state, and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
• Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Solves problems by use of combinations of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
• Participates in planning required to achieve prescribed objectives.
• Conducts analysis and investigation work obtained from a variety of sources.
• Performs inspections and tests to ensure compliance.
• Participates in developing corrective measures and procedures. Formulates hypothesis, performs research and makes recommendation.
The selected candidate will have a flexible work location (office work and telework).