General Ledger Accountant
Hays is the leading global specialist recruitment group. We are the experts in recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people across a wide range of specialised industries and professions.
We operate across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. At Hays, we believe the right job can transform a person's life and the right person can transform a business.
• 1-3 years work experience within Finance
• Advanced English level, both written and spoken
• Very good MS Office knowledge
• SAP experience or another ERP system preferred.
• Performs month end closing activities such as posting journal entries and accounts reconciliations
• Builds reports for the assigned cost centers;
• Analyses information and variances; identifies, investigates and explains variances from prior periods and exceptions
• Summarise and reports financial and non-financial data (qualitative)
• Explains accounting differences and registers corrective accounting notes in SAP
• Ensures GL, balance sheet and P&L accuracy
• Prepares monthly key reports that support the decision-making process
• Collects data, uploads the financial forecasts in the system and ensures they are accurate
• Analyses cost variation compared to budget, previous financial forecast and previous year results