Senior DevOps Engineer CICD
The Capital Markets business within the London Stock Exchange Group is responsible for the providing Exchange trading systems for the customers. This role sits within the Application Services team in the technology division within Capital Markets. The responsibility of the team is to operate the trading platforms.
The role is for a DevOps engineer within the Application Services team. The engineer will be responsible for developing the infrastructure and automation to operate a new platform running within AWS.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in AWS cloud technologies as well as modern build, configuration and release management tooling and processes. In addition, some knowledge of managing infrastructure services would be useful, such as networking and system administration.
- Own user stories end to end from requirements gathering through development and testing to implementation;
- Follow the code development and testing life cycle;
- Manage the implementation of change without adverse impact to continuity of service, adhering to existing change policy and processes, collaborating closely with other business and technical teams where appropriate;
- Write and maintain support documentation, technical specifications and user guides;
- Proactively identify and raise operational risks and provide short term solutions whilst supervising long term resolution;
- Provide technical expertise to the other areas of the group;
- Implement operational improvements for processes, performance and reliability;
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure their requirements are met and that they have full visibility of implementation;
- Support development changes, providing accurate estimates for time and capital costs, attending project meetings and analysing impact for proposed project work and meeting deadlines;
- Develop an understanding of procedures and SLAs for all services supported by the team;
Candidate Background and Skillset
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise DevOps;
- Strong background in Linux;
- Strong coding/scripting experience (BASH/Shell);
- Experience with configuring and using a CI/CD tool such as Jenkins;
- Experience with provisioning and configuration management using Bitbucket, Ansible, Terraform or equivalent;
- Git source control using Bitbucket or equivalent;
- Experience with AWS - AWS API, EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, Route53, VPC, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Cloud-Trail, IAM, ADFS;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to share information and work individually or as part of a team to solve problems;
- Understating of computer networks and underlying protocols;
- Pro-active approach to learning about and adapting to new technologies;
- Understanding of the build and operation of web sites;
- Experience of best practises to support always-on mission critical systems;
- Appreciation of the business processes and their importance;
- Knowledge of agile software development and DevOps philosophies;
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence;
- Experience with Java, Node.js and Python;
EXCELLENCE - We are Committed to Quality
- I aspire to do the best I can in all that I do
- I strive to go above and beyond my individual and team goals - to deliver the highest possible standards to exceed my customers’ expectations
- I make reasoned judgments and sound decisions based on rigorous analysis and careful planning
- I actively broaden my own experience, knowledge, skills and self-insight in order to improve my performance
- I actively seek and give constructive feedback to continuously improve my performance, and that of my colleagues
INNOVATION - We Nurture New Ideas
- I seek a deep understanding of our customers needs, their marketplace and our wider organisation to create new and innovative opportunities to develop their business
- I look for ways to improve the way I and my colleagues work
- I adopt challenges and change, and am open to new ways of thinking and working
- I balance commercial opportunity and risk when developing new insights
INTEGRITY - Our Word is Bond
- I say I am going to do something, I do it
- I am ethical, honest, fair and clear in all my dealings with my customers, colleagues and other partners
- I am accountable for my actions and behaviours and ensure they always reflect positively on my, my team’s and our Group’s reputation
- I live our Group values in my behaviours at work
PARTNERSHIP - We Collaborate
- I support and collaborate with our customers to achieve their objectives and proactively connect them to my colleagues and services across the wider Group
- I build constructive, supportive and collaborative relationships with my colleagues across functional, organisational, international and cultural boundaries
- I take time to listen, understand, involve and respond to the needs of my colleagues and all our partners to seek the very best outcomes
- I proactively seek to resolve day-to-day issues and build trust with others
- I share knowledge and contacts openly and communicate clearly
The Application Engineering team is made up of 4 members based in London. The team is also required to support Saturday test activities and upgrades.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We improve each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.