R&D Hardware Project Engineer Team Leader
We build tomorrow`s technology. We are #peopleofcontinentalsibiu: Click here to watch our location movie!
Check out your future responsibilities below
* Responsible to plan and monitor the execution of all activities/ tasks, to meet due dates according to clients' requirements.
* Assign tasks to team members, according to their internal function, competences and capabilities.
* Identifies and gives input to direct superior regarding the technical equipment needed, training and business trips.
* Responsible for technical solutions of his team, in his area of responsibility.
* Is performing technical development activities within the project
* Conduct the yearly Performance Management Process for all directs and set individual goals for each team member.
* Organize regular meetings with the direct reports, in order to monitor performance, to motivate the team, give and receive feedback, discuss the road map and establish action plans if necessary.
* Is responsible to ensure that employee's technical and soft skills are at the level required by the job by setting objectives and proposing training programs for each employee.
* Participates at interviews or at interview decisions.
* Establish the induction plan for the new entries and ensures that the checklist is complete.
* Ensure that new team members easily get integrated in his/ her organization.
* Technical coaching of the team members, when necessary, in order to obtain expected project results.
* Ensure cross-functional communication and cooperation in order to improve information flow inside his/ her team.
* Responsible to facilitate knowledge sharing at team level.
* Responsible for implementing working procedures in order to meet quality standards.
* Ensures quality and time delivery of results within the agreed framework by monitoring regularly the status of the tasks.
* Internal customer contact related to team resources allocation in projects
* Deliver Internal and external presentation regarding the results of the projects/ activities.
* Escalate project /administrative issues to his/ her superior which need higher management decision/ approval/ review (e.g. fluctuation risk, project issues, technical problems).
* Presents the company and/ or company's products in order to attract prospects, when requested.
* University degree within area specific technical background
* Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in electronics design and testing for automotive applications. Good technical background is needed;
* Knowledge of ECU design process , ECU production and quality standards;
* Knowledge on automotive products especially safety relevant products
* Experience in ECU industrialization process
* Knowledge of Project Management is required
* Strong ability for decision making based on analytical investigation as well as technical risk evaluation;
* Good communication , customer orientation and discussion skills;
* Fluent in English and inter-cultural awareness;
Comp & Ben:
* Pay for Performance;
* Achievement Bonus & Rewards;
* Referral Bonus;
* Work Time Flexibility: mobile-work, part-time contracts, sabbatical, flexible working hours;
* Relocation Bonus (when applicable);
* System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas;
* Kindergarten on Site (partial subvention);
* Private Health Insurance Services (global provider, > 700 medical partners);
* Private Travel Insurance (valid worldwide);
* Restaurant and Coffee Corner on Site: daily discount, live cooking, international cuisine & outdoor terrace;
* Community Events;
* Many other benefits to enjoy after work (in partnership with Benefits Online, > 2.000 offers, >800 partners).
* Career path of choice to support Technical, Leadership or Project Management aspirations;
* Personalized learning perks including digital courses;
* Ground-breaking projects in Automotive and Tech;
* Private Academic Scholarships (Bachelor/Master/PhD). Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs around 235,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
Continental Romania: In the time frame 1999 - 2020, Continental invested about i 2 billion in its Romanian operations. All the corporation's five business areas are represented in Romania. The company has seven production units and four research and development centers in the cities of Timisoara, Sibiu, Carei, Nadab, Brasov and Iasi. Continental cooperates in one joint venture in Iasi and has a tire distribution center in Bucharest. Continental employed over 20.100 colleagues by the end of 2020, out of which a third are engineers and IT specialists.