SW Developer Internship for Embedded Linux Platforms - CVS TSR
Commercial Vehicles and Services has been able to establish itself as a market and technology leader by developing products that make commercial and special vehicles safer, cleaner, fuel-efficient and more connected. The eLinux group is looking for a passionate and committed Software Developer intern to support us in the creation of the latest generation of connectivity platforms. You will have the opportunity to:
* Develop your technical skills within a broad spectrum of modern communication technologies: (4G, 5G, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth, Ethernet)) and products (telematic & tolling units, high performance computing, predictive cruise control);
* Participate in all the major steps of the development of an embedded product: from initial planning to the finishing touches;
* Use high abstraction OOP techniques that are enabled by our high-end hardware;
* Be part of a self-organizing team within a transparent and engaging Scaled Agile framework.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Selecting the software work items you want to develop, breaking them down and estimating them;
* Implementing the software work items you estimated according to the defined specifications;
* Ensuring the quality of your work;
* Actively participating in the Agile ceremonies in your team;
* Raising any deviations and risks as you encounter them;
* Contributing to the continuous improvement of your team;
* Are committed, passionate and proud of our results deliver;
* Are constantly learning, always improving;
* Pay attention to details;
* See that in every problem lies at least one solution;
* Enjoy the time spent together on and off the job.
* Enrolled in University - preferably Computer Science/ Electronics/ Telecommunications related;
* Good understanding of the courses you attended at the university so far that are relevant for Software Development;
* Experience in object-oriented programming is a plus Linux experience is a plus;
* Good English skills in writing, reading and speaking;
* Transparency, assertiveness, quality orientation, self-reflection, passion for technology.
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
The Vehicle Networking and Information business area, with its vision of "Always On," sees the vehicle of the future as a partner that supports its passengers with intelligent and secure solutions - seamlessly networked, user-friendly, convenient and smart. The business area develops and integrates components and end-to-end systems for connected mobility - architecture, hardware, software and services. With solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, user experience, high-performance computing, digital services and system integration for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures stable and safe connectivity and smooth information flows for connected mobility.