Senior Engineering Support Advisor
We’re an energized bunch, who love to be at the forefront of innovation. We make it our mission to develop and stay ahead of the latest trends and technology. Our goal? To put customers at the core of what we do and to deliver solutions that drive transformation and unlock the potential of people and businesses.Requirements
• University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business IT or related
• Very good knowledge of C/C++ and SQL (including debugging skills) and experience with debugging tools on different operating systems (Visual Studio, Sun/ Solaris Studio, Eclipse)
• Solid knowledge of Java and C#
• Experience with the Solaris and Linux operating systems (medium-advanced experience with Windows)
• Knowledge of Corba (the Orbix implementation), JMS (ActiveMQ implementation) and Tomcat are a plus
• Excellent spoken and written English skills
• Analytical abilities, attention to detail, stability, responsibility, and customer focus
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a customer facing team.
What will you contribute?
Working as part of the Customer Support team, and reporting to a local Team Leader, this role is the key interface between Finastra clients on one side and R&D organization on the other side, contributing to the overall delivery of software and services to ensure a world class customer experience. The holder of the role is a product specialist, with technical competencies, responsible for handling and resolving the raised issues in the shortest time possible. They will also use their technical expertise to assist functional consultants on a need basis. They will also be responsible for ascertaining the root cause of the issue to determine whether it is software related or not. At times, they may be called upon to do testing on beta deliveries or fixes before they are released to customers or be requested to go on site to handle issues on the client’s premises.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
Your deliverables as a member of the FusionCapital Summit Customer Support (Bucharest) team include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Respond to customer requests, whether these are reported issues, questions or assistance requests, helping the clients to utilize the product properly, as per their needs.
• Understand the reported issue (especially from a technical perspective) and be able to replicate the respective scenario in the Finastra environments.
• Perform technical investigation with root cause analysis of the issue reported, providing adequate solution where feasible and/or detailed analysis to the R&D teams.
• Update clients on the progress towards issue resolution, including tracking issues sent to other departments and ensuring a timely resolution, focusing on the client’s satisfaction and product quality.
• Participate in client (phone) meetings, WebEx sessions, in order to ensure proper communication with the customers and/or to speed up the investigation of the issue reported.
• Follow up on major crises and ensure the team is able to get client on track, taking the lead to resolve problems when required. When necessary, travel onsite on client missions to drive case resolution or complete issue analysis.
• Validate defects thoroughly by ensuring that the described scenarios are fixed.
• Build and provide simple scripts with the assistance of senior colleagues when necessary.
• Follows Best practices for case management and encourages others to do the same – is able to propose changes in the policies and rules applied within Customer Support.
• Raise/ escalate issues with the Team Leader and/ or Manager where/ when needed.