Senior Hardware Engineer
About the Role
As a Hardware engineer you will focus on Hardware development and software testing of automotive infotainment computer systems, automotive platforms, functional block design.
What You Will Do
- Development, test and verification of analog and digital functional blocks (e.g. Video blocks, Ethernet blocks, PCIe Blocks, power supplies, MCU/SoC/HU units) within complex hardware architectures under considering of quality, cost and suitability for series.
- Schematic design, integration and variant management.
- Usage of Bios tools for bring-up of new projects
- Redesign of existing analog/digital functional blocks according to change requests (customer change requests, PCN, PTN …)
- Creation of measurement reports and technical documentation
- Assisting in the technical requirements specification of purchased parts of telematics & connectivity functional blocks and in the evaluation and selection of suitable supplier.
- Realization of system designs, schematics and/or schematics integration of hardware applications in the range of medium to high complexity under consideration of Harman guidelines
- Global cooperation with other departments as Development, Quality, Manufacturing and Software during the development process
- Maintenance support
- Technical support for internal and/or external staff in the industrialization of function items in an international environment
- Perform technical measurements on customer site ( EMC, Thermal, functional )
- Close cooperation with Layout teams and support layout design
- Knowledge of EMC design rules and EMC verification.
- Knowledge in Functional Safety appreciated.
- Knowledge of commonly used interfaces in infotainment systems (PCIe, UART, TDM, Video-, I2C, I2S, USB) appreciated
- Knowledge of using tools under Linux
- Minimum of bachelor degree in engineering (Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or appropriate graduation).
- 3 up to 5 years professional experience in the HW development and verification of analog/digital applications and standalone functional units.
- Knowledge of tools for schematic/layout realization and simulation (e.g. Mentor Graphics, SPICE, ANSYS…) as well as Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of the requirements inside the automotive area, especially for EMC.
- Good knowledge in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge in embedded software development and scripting languages, Linux.
- Willingness to travel.
What We Offer
• Work in international teams with the biggest worldwide automotive customer
• Attractive salary package
• Training on the job and extensive technical trainings
• Further career development opportunities
• A great package of additional benefits, such as:
o Flexible working time
o Medical subscription
o Free parking spaces
o Meal tickets
o Employee discounts on our HARMAN products (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon)
o Bookster account
o Gym subscription, and much more...