Junior QA Game Tester
Who We Are:
GlobalStep is a world leader in risk management and mitigation in the development, production, and maintenance of video games throughout their lifecycle. We are headquartered in Dallas, Texas and operate globally with service locations in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe and Asia. Our services include Quality Assurance, Localization, Live Operations Support, Data Analytics, Test Automation and Consulting Services for our global customer base.
Strength in Diversity.
The many different cultures and walks of life that coexist within GlobalStep are our biggest strength. We value our employees’ inputs and what each unique individual brings to the table. GlobalStep is about inclusion through diversity, collaboration with stakeholders, high performance commitment, and always seizing opportunities.
Are you passionate about technology and video games? Do challenges excite you? Are you ready to join the world of video games and give your best? Are you a great team player? If your answer is yes, we need you!
• A keen interest in mobile, console and PC video games and the technology around them
• Ability to analyse problems, think critically, and outside of the box
• Excellent attention to detail
• Effective workload management and has the capability to quickly adapt to changing priorties
• Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
• Self-driven, inquistive and proactive: Know how to ask the right questions, and when to ask them
• Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
• A passion for delivering high quality games
• Passionate about gaming and technology
• Enjoys learning and seeks out oppourtunities to grow skills and experience
• An open and honest approach to challenges and seeks out help when needed
• Ability to stay calm when under pressure
• Adaptable to change
• Works well in a team, helping to create a professional, fun and supportive working environment
• Basic problem solving skills
• Carry out manual feature testing to find software defects (Exploratory Testing) and execute scripted testcases (Regression Testing)
• Familiarise yourself with the goals and testing strategy of every project you work on and identify any problems that could impact testing before the project commences
• Pair with other testers and learn the testing process and life cycle of a task/bug
• Create concise bug reports, including root cause analysis
• Execute test cases accurately and efficently
• Manage your workload as assigned by the QA Lead
• Communicate quality risks and dependencies in a timely manner to ensure that they have visibility and are addressed
• Share your insights as to the playability of a title
What we offer
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• A rare opportunity to help build and shape a brand-new team
• Hybrid working from home model
• A professional, fun and supportive work environment
• Partnering with the world’s best technology and gaming companies, working across all major platforms including Xbox One, PS4 & 5, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia, iOS, Android
• Further opportunity to work on exciting projects at major Games Studios