Full Stack Developer for Cloud Applications team in Hosting
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
Cloud Applications team’s goal is to design, build and maintain an application development ecosystem used to build and run various internal tools and services. An important part of our responsibilities includes internal applications that shape the way we are working together as an organization.
- Build front-end components and business logic, with Angular and Typescript
- Build REST services with Java Spring
- Implement features and support automated testing activities (integration and/or unit test)
- Resolve defects found by customers in the live environment
- Be involved in solution design activities
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Act in a DevOps manner and take responsibility for the run process as well
- Latest technologies, tools and methods: Docker, Kubernetes and cloud-native
- Agile development processes
- Friendly and open environment
- Modern internal open-source processes
- Resolve defects during QA testing, pre-production, production and from the live environment
- Set up and maintain CI/CD pipelines, from testing stage to production. DevOps state of mind is highly appreciated
- Part of the whole lifecycle and propose technical solutions, frameworks and technologies to use
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- 3+ years’ experience with Java
- 2+ more years’ experience working on REST services/severs (Spring MVC / Jersey)
- Experience with Angular and Typescript
- Experience working in a DevOps manner
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, ORM (JPA, Hibernate, Spring Data)
- Working experience with Spring Framework (Core, Security, Boot)Working experience with cloud-native development
- Experience with unit testing
- Advanced operation of version control / Git
- Basics of Linux