Sr. C++ Software Engineer - Data Science Project (Remote)
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role:
CrowdStrike’s Data Science team is expanding -- we are at the exciting intersection of Machine Learning, Big Data, and Security and are looking to add a senior software engineer with significant C++ experience (who is willing to learn Rust) to our growing team.
You’ll have the opportunity to implement our technologies as libraries and software development kits for internal/external customers and to jointly work with Machine Learning experts on creating predictive models on a diverse and multidisciplinary team.
You’ll have the chance to broaden your horizons by working jointly with a team of Big Data, Machine Learning, and Security domain experts on hard and impactful problems.
We’re looking for software engineers with a strong background in C++ willing to learn to code in Rust. If you know or did a personal project in Rust, this is a big plus.
Our new colleague will work remotely during Covid and then from the Bucharest office (having also the option to work from home) or from Romania (Remote).
Senior C++ Software Engineer – Romania Remote:
· Design, implement, test, optimize and maintain features for internal/external customers in the form of robust production libraries and software development kits
· Create value by providing robust and consistent cross-platform and cross-language implementations via FFI bindings to Rust and Python code
· Document design of complex software systems and conduct thorough and constructively critical software reviews
· Expose simple APIs to bundle a variety of robust services
· An independent self-starter who likes to take ownership and independently seeks out new challenges
· Always ready to learn and step outside of your comfort zone to blaze the trail for new technology
· Proficient in C and C++ and interest in learning Rust and Python (required; Rust experience highly desired and Python experience desired)
· Comfortable with Linux
· Familiar with different levels of software testing and know your way around Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems
· Knowledge of appropriate algorithms to solve complex technical problems
· Familiar with development of multithreaded software
· Familiar with agile software development methodologies and git version control software
· Interested in Machine Learning
Interviewing process: online
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Working with the latest technologies
- Training budget (certifications, conferences)
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.