Financial Data Analyst
2Checkout (now Verifone) is the leading all-in-one monetization platform for global businesses built to help clients drive sales growth across channels and increase market share by simplifying the complexities of modern commerce. 2Checkout’s digital services, including global payments, subscription billing, merchandising, taxes, compliance, and risk, help clients stay focused on innovating their products while delivering exceptional customer experiences.
In August 2020, 2Checkout was acquired by Verifone, the leading global provider of payment and commerce solutions. Both companies share the same vision: to simplify modern commerce and facilitate frictionless experiences, enabling companies to optimize their business performance.
2Checkout will continue its journey as Verifone, having even greater financial strength, scalability, resources, relationships, and market potential.
Verifone is transforming everyday transactions into opportunities for connected commerce. Verifone is connecting payment devices to the cloud, merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers.
Built on a 30-year history of uncompromised security with approximately 29 million devices and terminals deployed worldwide. Verifone’s team is known as trusted experts who work with clients and partners, helping to solve their most complex payments challenges. Verifone has clients and partners in more than 150 countries, including the world’s best-known retail brands, financial institutions, and payment providers.
Verifone revolutionizes commerce. Simply. Everywhere.
As part of the new journey, 2Checkout (now Verifone) is growing the talented tech team in Bucharest where it will create an R&D excellence center.
Almost 100 jobs will be open in the following months to work on top-notch payments like: integrating alternative payment methods, payments authentication, mobile POS application, payment gateway solutions, android platform for payment devices and others.
The new colleagues will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies for solutions used in more than 150 markets in which Verifone operates. They will also contribute to the development of ultra-innovative payment solutions and integrated ecosystems used in all global sales channels, both online and offline, many of which do not currently exist in Romania. This is a collaborative and fast paced work environment, where people work with real time problems, that make a big impact in the industry.
- Demonstrate database skills including ability to identify appropriate database to ensure accurate reporting, querying, and report writing.
- Aptitude for quickly learning a variety of financial systems and database applications such as Excel, Access, SQL/MySQL, VBA, PowerPoint, data warehousing, data mining, business intelligence, and other financial systems to leverage data structure for financial reporting.
- Passionate about data and continuously learning new techniques and tools to extract value from data.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills by presenting findings in meaningful ways and engaging in spirited discussions about the findings.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Able to multi-task and establish priorities to consistently meet internal and external deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or a related field
At least three (3) years of financial analysis/data mining experience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, VBA, Power Point
- Medium proficient at SQL - especially T-SQL
- Strong understanding of financial and project accounting data
Nice to have
- Experience in payments or e-commerce
- Experience working with ERP and CRM database
- Experience in Corporate FP&A and Financial Reporting
- Financial Analysis - Prepare analyses that identify, evaluate and communicate business results, trends and outlooks. Leverage tools and systems to quickly access data and provide meaningful, concise information. Quickly solve and/or reconcile financial data issues accurately and ensure data is consistent and accurate. Independently investigate data anomalies or inaccuracy patterns to solve data problems to ensure that all data is up-to-date. Monitor and analyze large transactional datasets in SQL Server/MySQL.
- Project support and ad hoc requests - Support development and preparation of ad hoc financial and business analytics on numerous revenue and expense areas and other projects as assigned. Communicate and participate in integration discussions with users and data providers.
- Process improvement - Continuously develop tools/systems and automate processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements.
- Business analysis - Utilize business analytics to provide value-added insights for finance leadership, data mining techniques to perform various business modeling and analysis
- Business Report Development - Develop specifications for reports and assists other users with developing specifications for reports. Validate report development accuracy. Collaborate with system and strategy developers for analysis and debugging of technical issues.
- Financial & Operational Reporting - Prepare, validate and summarize various weekly, monthly and periodic reporting and analysis for use by operations and business leadership. Respond to inquiries about published financial data. Support the preparation of analysis and commentary for business review meetings including both financial results and business initiatives.