Oracle Retail Technical Support Engineer
Oracle, a global provider of enterprise cloud computing, empowers businesses of all sizes on their digital transformation journey. With 430,000 customers in 175 countries, Oracle provides leading-edge capabilities in Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, and Data as a Service.
Our mission is to transform our world for the better through innovative technologies.
· Minimum 2-5 years of technical support or customer service experience.
· Fluent in written and verbal English.
· Proven experience in an application software environment working with Oracle Retail Applications and/ or Oracle Applications. Support for IT applications it is an advantage.
· Experience in Retail or Manufacturing disciplines of Merchandise/Materials Planning, Financial Planning, Forecasting, Replenishment, Warehouse Distribution, Store Operations is not necessary but would be considered an advantage
· Knowledge on relational DB-models and SQL or PL/SQL preferred
· Any previous experience with Java/C and ProC
· Basic Unix skills preferred (AIX, HP, Solaris, Oracle Enterprise Linux)
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Comfortable, and successful, in multitasking
· Ability to take a task (often with limited direction), determine a course of action, and see the task through to completion
· Detail oriented with the ability to learn quickly, and be a process minded person
· Good verbal and written communication skills preferred
· Project management experience desired but not required
· Proven experience with Forms, ProC, Java and J2EE technologies on web applications support or development it is an added advantage.
· B.S in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
· Other qualifications or certifications within the IT domain might be considered.
· This job may require flexible work hours or 2nd shift work hours
· The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, resolving and responding to customer complex issues across the product line and product boundaries in accordance with current standards
· Can have lead role and/or supervise other personnel
· Ensure that each and every customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service.
· Maintain product expertise in assigned cluster
· Work towards adopting and contributing to new processes and tools (Web Conferencing, diagnostic methodology, health checks, scripting tools, etc)
· Contributing to Knowledge Management content creation and maintenance
· Participating in Root Cause/Corrective Action defined within the product area in order to further enhance the customer experience and improve the Oracle product
· Maintain an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of new products released in the market for the given product area
· Managing and resolving Service Requests logged by customers (internal and external) on Oracle products and contribute to proactive support activities according to product support strategy and model
· Owning and resolving problems and managing customer expectations throughout the Service Request lifecycle in accordance with global standards
· Service request resolution in a collaborative environment with the customer
· Reducing escalations
· Operating within Oracle business processes and procedures
· Respond and resolve customer issues within Key Performance Indicator targets
· Operate in line with Bug Diagnosis and Escalation/Development Bug guidelines in resolution of Bug related Service Requests
· Debugging code related issues and providing potential design solutions