Senior C++ Developer
LSEG Technology works with its customers to build innovative, scalable solutions including brokering, clearing, exchange, data, and surveillance. The financial infrastructure marketplace changes at a rapid pace and we strive to always remain competitive, adapt to change and drive innovation to support future growth.
As a C++ Developer, you will work on specific projects with opportunities to switch roles, teams and projects as you and our dynamic business grow.
You should be a well-rounded professional who displays leadership qualities and the ability to tackle new problems across LSEG Technology's products and technology stacks.
As a C++ Developer, you will work closely with your colleagues and your responsibilities will be to:
• Prepare specifications based on client’s functional and non-functional requirements
• Explain client requirements and proposed solutions to team members
• Analyse specifications, design, develop and maintain/ debug mission critical, distributed software
• Analyse specifications, design, develop and execute automated tests to validate the software against the specifications
• Design, configure, automate and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support software integration and deployment
• Handle individual project priorities, deadlines and work you're doing.
To be successful in this role, we would like you to have proven experience with the following:
• 4-5 years’ experience as a software developer with C++
• Working on Linux / UNIX operating systems
• Networks, Databases, Software configuration management, Shell scripting, SQL and/ or programming in Java are nice to have
• High attention to details and strong communication skills in verbal and written English
Nice to have:
• previous experience working with Cloud Platforms
• previous experience working with CMake
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
• 25 days’ holiday a year
• Private medical insurance
• Group life insurance policy
• Meal vouchers
• Share Purchase Plan
• Volunteering Days
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.