Senior Java Developer
About the Data Solutions Capital Markets Technology Team
Data Solutions for Capital Markets Technology team provide data solutions for the Capital Markets business. The team is comprised of Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW), Business Intelligence and Front-End teams, Application Development (App Dev) teams, a Solution Architect and Quality Assurance team. The team works as a collective to design and build valuable data solutions for Capital Markets business.
The CDW Products team is responsible for delivering critical business logic such as billing and regulation requirements and data analytics requirements for BI reporting for the UK Equity, Derivatives Markets, Turquoise (pan-European Equity Markets) and Foreign Exchange:
The team is responsible for providing an AWS cloud-based data factory (Kafka, EMR, Spark and Flink). The cloud data warehouse is Snowflake with Matillion as ELT tool.
• is small, focused and Agile - consisting of a Product Manager, in-house developers, support staff, external consultants and QA teams.
• will develop a new Data Warehouse for FX transaction data.
• develops using the latest technology.
• helps the QA teams (offshore) to design, build and execute appropriate test suites.
• works with users to train them, coordinating the test and acceptance of the final system solution (UAT)
• deploys changes into production (working with internal Technology Project Managers and devops)
• does 2nd/3rd line production support (issue investigation and analysis, evaluation of priority with business)
To carry out the following key tasks as a Senior Java Developer within the Application Development team:
• Report into the Application Development Team Lead.
• Design, code, test, deploy and maintain multiple Java applications.
• To provide technical advice and support to more junior developers.
• At least 5 years’ Java development experience.
• Development with the Spring framework.
• Experience and understanding of distributed systems, developing, profiling and maintaining multi-threaded/asynchronous applications.
• Experience of the whole SDLC: design, development, testing, deployment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with other team members, QA teams and internal business stakeholders.
• Test-driven development, agile methodologies and clean code programming.
• Experience and knowledge of performance, multi-threading, concurrency, low latency systems
• Configuring CI software for automated testing and deployment of code.
• Relational database and SQL skills.
• Unix shell scripting.
• Experience working in financial markets.
• Use of Jira/Scrum/Kanban in an Agile environment.
• Be comfortable working in a fast-moving environment where needs evolve rapidly and priorities change
• Self-motivated and pro-active.
• Team player (co-operative, support, be flexible, take ownership, appropriate challenge, maturity etc.).
• Highly organised, self-disciplined and thorough.
• Able to build good client (internal and external) relationships; establish and maintain rapport, orientation towards providing client service.
• Interested in the evolution of the Financial Markets in Europe.
• Happy to operate outside of their normal role when required.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.