Business Analyst - Post Trade Services
UnaVista is the London Stock Exchange's regulatory reporting, matching and reconciliation solution provider. UnaVista customers are investment banks, hedge funds, brokers and other financial services companies.
UnaVista provides business solutions in the areas of:
• Regulatory reporting with MiFIR, SFTR, EMIR, G20 and other regimes;
• Provision of reference data (especially financial instruments data);
• Reconciliations (cash/stock, front-back office, exchange recs, etc.).
• Operational post-trade services in the fields of: confirmations • communication and matching for multiple asset classes;
• communication of orders, hedges and give-ups for equity swaps and other derivatives;
• Analytics and surveillance of the data above;
Typical users sit in Trade Support or Regulatory Operations functions and the typical buyer would be a senior Trade Support/Regulatory Operations or Compliance person.
This new role is required to support a project team delivering on the G20 Book of Work covering reporting of HKMA, MAS, BOI and other jurisdictions.
The UnaVista team culture is dynamic, and requires each individual to adapt rapidly to change, be fully involved and think on their feet. This role involves ongoing interaction with all other areas (sales, pre-sales, prof services, development & QA, customer support, technical writing, marketing), as well as with partners and customers.
• Establish best method, Agile driven processes for defining and documenting requirements, processes and delivery of UnaVista’s solutions;
• Analyse technical, business and regulatory requirements, assess commercial opportunities and convert them into detailed product requirements;
• Work with technical product teams, internal partners to ensure that business solutions are accurately detailed, built and maintained;
• Produce client facing collateral;
• Be or become highly knowledgeable in the relevant business domains;
• Ensure that all work is in accordance with the defined project management and application development lifecycle process;
• Develop SME regulatory reporting knowledge;
• Able to map business requirements and come up with solutions that are good and computationally efficient;
• Talent for using modelling and analytical tools to illustrate and seek business problems;
• Receptive to change and new ways of thinking;
• Seeks input from colleagues, actively listens to their contribution and checks understanding;
• Demonstrates the knowledge and expertise within their field to have credibility with their peers;
• Builds and maintains contacts at all levels;
• Manages expectations, maintains regular client contact to keep them informed;
• Prioritises according to business goals, manages conflicts to ensure delivery;
• Ability to learn new concepts and technology as the need arises;
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
• Track record of business analysis delivery in an Agile environment;
• Proven regulatory reporting expertise in MAS, BOI, HKMA and other reporting regimes;
• Able to analyse business needs and activities and translate them into UnaVista solution requirements;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Able to evaluate information with good judgement, attention to detail and accuracy;
• Good interpersonal skills and an ability to manage relationships effectively;
• Knowledge of cash equity, derivative and fixed income markets
• Sound written and verbal communication skills
• Must be self-motivated and have a desire to engage in process improvement
Technical experience (desirable)
• Basic knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Cloud and Big Data platforms knowledge
• Knowledge of general computer science concepts or willingness to learn these on the job;
• Knowledge of the DTCC portal desirable;
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
• 25 days’ holiday a year;
• Private medical insurance;
• Group life insurance policy;
• Meal vouchers;
• Share Purchase Plan;
• Volunteering Days.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.