Software Developer for Customer Operations Development team in Hosting
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team and services/products
All our products are built in-house and our team has full responsibility (Plan, Build, Run) for them.
Hotline Tool: main support tool used by 3000 agents over the world in ~ 10 locations. The product is now going through a transformation phase towards becoming the main CRM for 1&1.
Omni channel System: This year we have finished replacing the telephony system with a platform oriented towards all the communication channels (phone, chat, email, SMS, WhatsApp).
- Be part of a dedicated team for Customer Care development
- Take part in designing and implementing software for 1&1 customer support tooling, Anti-Abuse and Anti-Fraud systems
- Advance your own ideas in a safe, friendly and communicative environment
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining teams products
- Work together with your colleagues to ensure the best tooling for the Customer Care Operations teams by assuming ownership for these topics
- Taking part in team’s analysis meetings to choose the best business and technical solution
- Implementing features and supporting automated testing activities (integration and/or unittest)
- Trying out and learning basic frontend development – if you are interested in it
- Being responsible for own topics in terms of functionality and technical quality (presenting them to team members and business partners, evaluating needed changes)
- Java, AKKA, REST & GraphQL services, Tomcat, Quarkus
- MySQl, Elastic Search, Redis, MongoDB
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- 3+ years’ experience working in a JAVA ecosystem (experience with deploying applications in a geo-redundant context is a plus)
- Knowledge of SQL, NoSQL and database related technologies (JPA, Hibernate, Mongo, Elasticsearch)
- Experience of working with application servers (Tomcat, Wildfly), and reactive frameworks (Quarkus & VertX)
- Basic knowhow about frontend technologies would be a plus