Senior Payroll Specialist
We are seeking a talented, innovative, and hands-on Payroll specialist to join our expanding team. Based out of our EMEA Financial Shared Services Centre in Bucharest the right candidate will have previous experience in a similar role in a multinational company environment. With a desire to succeed, you will have relevant experience in the following job functions:
- Report into EMEA Payroll Manager, working together in coordinating payroll for Romanian and other EMEA subsidiaries/branches of Veeam group.
- Main focus on the Romanian monthly payroll process (+700 EEs): gather information from HR and Finance teams, create the input files, collaborate with the local payroll providers to solve issues, submit monthly payroll, review local service providers' monthly payroll calculations, monitor tax and social security liability and liaise directly in case of queries.
- Work with HR and GL teams to ensure payments are reviewed and released on time and are compliant with local legislation.
- Payroll customer service for RO employees: work with HR on employees' queries related to payroll calculation, respond to employee inquiries in a prompt and detailed manner.
- Support HR team in the company decision making process related to termination or special cases for RO employees (provide simulation of payroll calculation, advice according to local labor law).
- Act as back up for other payrolls in EMEA region as required.
- Support during external annual audits in payroll related queries and reconciliations
Qualifications and experience:
Qualification in Romanian HR/Payroll required
Proven knowledge of Romanian payroll and labor legislation
Minimum 3 years of previous experience within an international payroll function
Shared Services Centre experience an advantage
Proficiency with Microsoft packages - strong Excel skills
Romanian mother tongue, fluency in English (written and spoken) and a European language an advantage
Possess strong interpersonal skills and effectively communicate with multiple levels within the organization
Strong attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
Capable of working independently, proactive approach and prioritizing well in a fast-paced environment