code11 was established in 2011, out of a desire to break away from how outsourced development was made. In a time when the Agile manifesto was still young, we embraced being agile, delivering fast, doing things incrementally.
We decided we would deliver more than just development; we would become an innovation powerhouse that provides our partners with a full-delivery ecosystem.
Today we apply and offer this way of work on all aspects of digital business development. We work with aspiring entrepreneurs and corporate enterprises in the European Union to turn the best business ideas into secure and compliant disruptive technology platforms, looking to solve today’s challenges and enable tomorrow’s technology.
In code11 each person is given the power and the responsibility to make important decisions, moves and mistakes. We trust, empower, and support the team to steer projects in the right direction and take ownership of decisions.
We encourage all team members to adopt a T-shaped, if not star-shaped view towards their own careers. All code11 team members are encouraged to be multi-disciplinary and bring a contribution in all stages of a product, from idea down to support. At the same time, we ask all team members to hone their skills, know their circle of competence, and use the right tool for the job.
Regarding the technologies that we use, at code11 we believe that there are many ways to skin the cat (so to speak), therefore we’re treating the technology as a tool. Just like you wouldn’t use a hammer to drive screws or a screwdriver to hammer in nails, you need the right tool for the job.
You are someone who has:
- Worked well in cross-functional teams (design, development, deployment, product, client)
- Clear understanding of the entire web development process, including design, frontend, and deployment requirements
- Worked often with non relational or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB, ArangoDB etc.)
- Created and consumed services and microservices. (REST, SOAP, RPC, etc.)
- Knowledge of web markup (HTML5 and CSS3) as well as UI layouts, SASS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system (especially important if you're front-end specialized)
- Working experience in one of Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, Docker, Google Cloud etc.
- Often used testing frameworks (such as Jasmine, Selenium, Cucumber, Cypress etc.)
- Experience in container orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, or Amazon ECS
- Used GIT version control
- Thrived in an agile environment using, for ex., iterative development, continuous integration, unit testing, code refactoring etc.
- Familiarity with event sourcing principles
- Provide full life-cycle development, including analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, implementation, deployment and maintenance of software products
- Work within a cross-functional product team and with our partners to deliver on team or product goals
- Build rapid prototypes using reusable models / solutions, or work in-depth to achieve scalability and robustness
- Develop, (write and perform) tests and debug across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Identify and champion process improvements and enhancements to existing development / IT processes or products
- Take ownership over defining, managing and maintaining the database(s) and database schemas used on the product(s), according to product requirements
- Actively participate in developing strategy around which frameworks, technologies and infrastructure our team should use in our products. Everyone participates, not just seniors.
- Take responsibility for the product and software’s security, so you code with hacks / vulnerabilities in mind.
- [Once it's safe again] Travel abroad to establish deeper connections with our team members in Oslo, or clients, if the project requires it
- Competitive compensation (depending on your experience level)
- First class private medical insurance
- 300 RON / month flexible benefit budget for meal tickets, transportation, sports etc.
- Discounts via our benefit provider (benefits.ro)
- Flexible working time (so long as you're available 10-15 EET core hours)
- Remote work during pandemic (mostly remote after)
- Office in the center of town, for when we do meet (10m walk from Unirii)
- Great hardware (say goodbye to 3 minutes for a simple npm install)
- Regular team events
Want more details? Come grab a coffee with us so we can talk more about a career out of the ordinary in code11.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.