Cobol Developer @HN Services Romania (GP)
HN Services, a company specialized in digital transformation and software development, has 35 years worldwide presence, with offices in Romania (Bucharest), France (Paris, Marseille, Aix en Provence), Portugal (Lisbon and Porto), Spain (Madrid),) and Luxembourg, with over 1200 employees.
HN Services Romania has strengthened its local presence since 2006, always being guided by values such as commitment, communication, closeness towards its employees and partners, openness, agility and involvement. We like to recommend ourselves as having the mindset of a company and the agility of a start-up.
With its own Training Center, HN Services Romania contributed to the professional reconversion of more than 200 specialists in Cobol, Java and .NET. We develop projects for various industries from banking to automotive, mainframe (Cobol), Java, .NET, Android, iOS, Salesforce, etc.
Under the slogan #changethecode, we make a difference in the way we work, recruit and in the relationship with our partners and employees. We invite you to find more about us on our LinkedIn page or on Facebook.
• University degree – technical field or ASE Cybernetics, Finance and Banking, Accounting, Mathematics;
• Previous general finance or banking knowledge – economic language – nice to have.
• Minimum 3 years previous experience with Cobol programming;
• Knowledge on Mainframe (with JCL);
• Motivated to continue to capitalize his skills around these technologies;
• Previous knowledge using data bases (DB2, Oracle, etc.) is a plus.
• You have an analytical mind and you are interested to have an impact on the accounting for bank entities and on end customers;
• Responsible attitude, strong autonomy and ambition in achieving your mission, while also proving team spirit;
• Self-starter with ability to take ownership of tasks and assignments;
• Good command of English; French is a plus (or interested to improve current level).
• Application maintenance in response to technical evolutions in the related applications in order to translate properly the transactions in accounting records;
• Monitoring and adapting the code as requested in various requests/projects (technical specifications, performance, security);
• Provide and implement improvement solutions in accordance to the development standards and architectural rules of the group;
• Innovative solutions will always be studied and discussed to identify if they bring real advantages in terms of cost and simplification;
• Involvement in the project life cycle and development after requirements;
• Maintaining a good relationship with technical operations teams;
• Ensure proper documentation of all solutions developed and released in production;
• Perform the related IT testing (eg. non-regression, unit test).