Java Developer for DNS Development team in Hosting
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team:
At 1&1, we strive to deliver quality above everything else. The DNS Development team, as part of the Domains and Global Platform team, is responsible for managing more than 12 millions DNS zones while offering platform APIs to other companies in the United Internet group.
About the project:
The goal is to maintain and improve a high-availability and multi-tenant DNS platform which handles more than 10 millions requests/day.
What’s in for you:
- Working on a cloud-native platform: Docker, Openshift
- Agile development processes: Scrum, Continuous Integration
- Friendly and open environment
- Being part of the whole lifecycle of the DNS products
- Design, develop, test, deploy and monitor new or existing DNS features
- Create and work with high-performance and high-scale distributed microservices
- Set up and maintain CI/CD pipelines, from testing stage to production
- Work independently when needed with minimal supervision
- Create technical concepts when needed
- Work with colleagues and peer teams, both local and abroad
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- 4+ years experience developing object oriented software using Java
- 2+ more years experience working on REST services/servers
- Working experience with Spring Framework (Core, WebFlux, Boot)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Maven and CI/CD
- Microservice oriented architecture, performance and scalability concerns
- Experience with unit testing
- Advanced operation of version control / git
- Basics of Linux
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python, Groovy)
- Knowledge of DNS protocol
- Experience in working with distributed systems