Quality Assurance Automation Engineer with Python for Enhanced Backup team in Hosting
About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9400 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
Development Romania Domains & Global Platform is an engineering department covering all aspects of the engineering cycle, from technical planning, development, quality and testing to operations and support. In our Bucharest office we build a wide range of applications, from Internal tooling (Infrastructure, Networking and Monitoring) to Domains registration, DNS, SSL, WebHosting and Global Platform applications.
Our products address the worldwide market.
About the project
We are looking for an experienced Python QA engineer to work within our cross-functional team of talented people on the Backup product, an in-house solution used for backing up data in an efficient and scalable fashion, for almost 18.000 of our Linux hosting systems.
- Participate in testing and delivery of high quality software
- Manage the testing process through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Define, implement and execute:
○ Manual tests, only when suitable scenarios demand them
○ Non-functional tests
- Integrate the automated test suite into Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Maintain both the test suites and the test frameworks
- Promotion of best practice testing within the team using any other frameworks and tools
- Investigate, report, document and check bugs resulting from different types of tests
- Work with partners from both the local team and from teams from Germany
- Be a part of our young and dynamic team
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- 3+ years of experience in developing test frameworks with Python / Python3.
- Working experience in testing CLI apps and REST APIs
- Working experience with Linux bash scripting
- Working experience with Jenkins (pipeline / job configurations for test integration)
- Knowledge of relational / non-relational databases
- Linux and Docker knowledge and skills
- Experience with version-control systems, such as Git
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and methodology
- A proactive mindset, who shares his/her ideas and brings them to life
- Highly motivated, self-driven, good analytical skills with an eye for details and interested in Quality Assurance
- Good written and verbal English language skills
- Very good communication skills
- User-level experience with tools like: Jira, Confluence
- Experience with automation testing tools like: Jmeter, Locust, etc.
- Working experience with hypervisors like KVM, VMware, etc.
- ISTQB Foundation Level