Optical engineer for HUDs - CES TSR
For our growing Continental Engineering Services - Interior team we are looking for Optical Engineer for HUDs .
Electronic Control Units:
* Connectivity applications;
* Telematic Units;
* Head-up Displays;
* Multimedia Applications;
* Haptic Control;
* Comfort Control;
* Definition and the design of optical tolerance estimations;
* Detailed design of geometrical HUD optics;
* Responsible for the calculation of optical performance chains including the visible performance;
* Responsible for the definition and the design of optical tolerance estimations;
* Responsible for the transfer of theoretical optical requirements into the mechanical;
* Supporting the buildup of real parts and components;
* Participation and input to project teams;
* Representing the engineered optics to customers worldwide in the name of the project;
* Serve as technical expert to guide customer team with technical decisions;
* Comply with Continental procedures.
* Designing and simulate the optical modules for Head Up Displays;
* Assist the mechanical engineer with the packaging of the HUD optics in the space defined by the customer;
* Performing optical measurements on all samples and provide a measurement report;
* Investigate the optical failures or deviations in series production;
* Support of customer centers in above professional disciplines;
* Participation and input to project teams.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* Degree in Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline;
* Engineer of optical technologies, especially for lenses and/or mirror optics;
* Experience in the application of Zemax;
* Programming experience in one high-level language (C, C++) and/or MatLab - Simulink;
* Professional guidance of external suppliers supporting own products.
* High level of self initiative, ability to plan and execute many tasks in parallel;
* Strong technical competency and problem solving skills;
* Effective communication skills responsible for complete and unambiguous communications, interpersonal, negotiation, and presentation skills;
* High willingness to learn the special challenges of HUD system design;
* Professional guidance of external suppliers supporting own products;
* High communicational skills to work inside an interdisciplinary team;
* Advanced English - speaking and writing level;
* German Language - It is an advantage.
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents. Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.