DOKU/DIKO/RIES Java Developer
DOKU/DIKO/RIES Java Developer
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Java Software Developer
We build software applications that allow trains to safely and securely bring passengers to their destination. These applications have high availability requirements, so they are not allowed to stall or randomly crash.
Our application engineering team is seeking a smart and passionate software developer with good understanding of software architecture and design issues as well as solid knowledge of Java, Linux scripting, computer networks.
As part of our team, your responsibilities will include:
· Unit test
The development will be performed in close co-operation with experts in Bucharest / Stuttgart / Dresden and requires traveling between these locations.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar degree
• Strong Java development skills
• Experience with multiple programming languages / scripting languages is needed
• Very good know-how on: routing, TCP/IP, sockets
• Strong Linux skills (scripting, configuring)
• Good understanding of software architecture and design issues
• Advanced level of written and spoken English
Preferred Qualifications / Would be a plus
• Exposure to C++ (or willing to learn it) would be a plus
• Exposure to Eclipse RCP (or willing to learn it) would be a plus
• Databases (SQL) knowledge
• Exposure to Perl / Python would be a plus
• Experience in process oriented development (V-Model, Agile methods)
Excellent career opportunity with a professional development path in a multinational environment, challenging projects with high safety requirements training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, housing loans, etc.At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here.