Automation Testing Engineer- Space Business (MTG Project)
Automation Testing Engineer- Space Business (MTG Project)
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Automation Testing Engineer for Space Business
Thales Systems Romania (TSR) is now developing its capacities in Sw development for Space applications in collaboration with Thales Alenia Space (TAS).
Thales Alenia Space develops the ground segment of MTG (Meteosat Third Generation) project, satellite dedicated to meteorology forecast. Thales Alenia Space Software Competence Center is in charge of the Instrument Data Processing Facility (IDPF).
This processing threats a large amount of data (5 TB per day) and uses high performance computation algorithms with high technical constraints (timeliness, data rate, storage)
Thales Systems Romania will be responsible of the development, integration and test of the MTG product according to Agile methodology (SCRUM).
- Responsible for the verification activities for the MTG IDPF PI product
- Establish detailed planning of IVV activities including documentation and review as well as follow-up activities
- Coordinate, perform and support verification activities
- Synchronize with TAS-FR Project Manager, development team
- Maintain project relationship with EUMETSAT
- Collaborate with PM for the preparation of progress reports and progress meetings
- IVV related risks management
- Produce and maintain the documentation related to verification and test activities
- Review the documentation and attend reviews concerning software data-packages
- You have a passion for technology; you enjoy constantly developing your skills
- You are resourceful, innovative and solution oriented
- You are able to adapt and react to change
- You want your work to have a purpose
- You want to be recognized as a good team player while enjoying working in autonomy and being empowered
- Finally, you like challenges and are willing to grow a global engineering competence center in Romania - you are the person we are looking for!
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar;
- Work experience in Agile software development processes;
- Project and test management skills
- Good customer relationship
- Foundation in software engineering processes and best practices;
- OOP knowledge
- Ability to understand and interpret product specifications
- Experience with Robot Framework
- Knowledge of computer networks and operating systems fundamentals
- Experience in Unit Test methodology
- Committed to the highest levels of quality
- Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team;
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
- Flexibility and availability to travel abroad from time to time;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Knowledge in IVV and Maintenance activities for Ground Segment Observation Systems
- Programming skills in Java/other
- Scripting Languages (Bash, Perl, Groovy)
- Knowledge of JIRA, Git
- Testing of complex software systems under usage of technical means like simulators and scripting languages
- French language
If you don't necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the role, because skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways an can be based on your life experience.
As a software engineer within Thales in Romania, you can work in the fields of ground transportation, space, aerospace, security or defence applications.
- You work within in a scrum team with other software developers and testing engineers, in Agile mode
- You contribute to the requirement definition, to the creation, automation and implementation of Test cases
- You enjoy playing video games or tennis table with your colleagues during a break
- You test and integrate
- You will make estimations and give inputs for the planning together with the team members
- Your peers are recognised experts in the field - They will help you get up to speed and will gladly devote time to support your development
YOUR CAREER AT THALES
Joining Thales, you will integrate into a tight-knit team working in an international and friendly environment. Thanks to various teams working on multiple fields and domains, all located in Bucharest, you will be able to evolve and grow your competences in different areas.
- Room for and attention to personal development
- The opportunity to grow within the organisation, for instance on a technical, managerial or international level, within the various markets Thales is working in
YOUR IMMEDIATE BENEFITS
- 24 holiday days a year
- A good work-life balance which includes flexible working hours and work from home options
- A comprehensive compensation and benefit package including medical coverage
YOUR WORKING LOCATION IN ROMANIA:
Hosted in the new state-of-the-art Orhideea Towers, our Bucharest site is home to over 400 employees working across the various Thales businesses. A modern facility with views of the city, we are across the street from Grozavesti subway station and tram stop.At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here.