Java Software Engineer (Defence Business)
Java Software Engineer (Defence Business)
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. In a world that is increasingly fast-moving, unpredictable and full of opportunities, they come to us with big ambitions: to make life better and to keep you safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our employees design and deliver extraordinary high-tech solutions. With 68.000 talents working in 54 countries, _____ employees are based in Romania. We are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security.
We help our customers think smarter and act faster in the fields of transportation, defense , space, aerospace and cyberspace, mastering ever-greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. We are therefore leading the digital transformation, focusing on artificial intelligence, big-data & data analytics, connectivity, mobility and internet of things and cybersecurity.
In Romania, we are located in Bucharest (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, and transportation systems.
The Naval Engineering/Competence Center Romania (Bucharest) is looking for talented Java SOFTWARE ENGINEERS with passion for technology and the ambition to make a career in a high-tech environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Java Software Engineer you work in multidisciplinary and self-managing Agile teams. These teams develop and test in an iterative manner Combat Management systems, applications and subsystem interfaces. Agile / Scrum teams are fully responsible for a variety of aspects such as requirements analysis, architecture, software implementation, testing, validation and regular product demonstrations.
Do you have a passion for technology and do you like to work on high-tech Naval Command & Control systems? Then you are the person we are looking for.
You have experience with:
- You are a talented and experienced Software Engineer and like to contribute to the design, development and testing of complex software solutions;
- You have a completed BSc or Master study in the direction of Computer Science or Computer Technology;
- As a person you are creative, open and flexible and you can operate as a team player. In addition, you are result-oriented, show your initiative and communicate clearly;
- A good understanding of the English language in word and writing is necessary for proper job fulfillment;
- With a good background in software development with associated methods and tooling;
- Who is capable of quickly familiarizing himself with new domains and techniques;
- Who distinguishes himself as an enthusiastic team player: open communication, focused on collaboration and you feel responsible for the result of the team.
- Development environment tooling: SVN / GIT, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins
- Atlassian tooling: Jira & Confluence
- test Automation, Continuous integration
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- An opportunity to collaborate closely with software experts in the Netherlands;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- Excellent work conditions, with 24 holidays a year, among other benefits.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here,.