Security DevOps Engineer - Naval/Defense Business
Security DevOps Engineer - Naval/Defense Business
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Security DevOps Engineer (for Naval/Defense Business)
About the project
Within the Engineering cluster, the Naval business unit is collaborating within the Thales group on the development of combat and information management systems for navy ships, integration with sensor- and weapon systems as well as the development of sensor processing applications. These complex systems contain advanced solutions for information processing, information management and the user interaction with both sensor- and weapon systems. Our product, called TACTICOS, offers essential support for missions varying from anti-piracy to ballistic missile defense.
TACTICOS has been designed to fully support the command team in each stage of a naval operation.
This includes assessing and monitoring the tactical situation, planning and coordinating actions, as well as controlling integrated sensors and weapons.
TACTICOS features capabilities for data collection and tactical picture compilation to present information in a Tactical Display Area (TDA). The TDA displays real-time situation awareness, which enables an operator to respond stringently when actions are needed.
The TACTICOS capabilities are unrivaled and based on recognized l expertise as applied for various European, Asian and American customers.
About the job
- You will be part of a multidisciplinary Agile team located in our premises in Bucharest;
- These teams develop and test the infrastructure platform for the combat management systems, the radar systems and the optical sensor systems;
- The development teams are responsible for the entire development cycle – requirements analysis, development, testing, validation and demonstrating the current status of the product;
- Cybersecurity is an integral part of the whole process;
- Thales highly values the application of modern technologies and methodologies;
Do you have a passion for technology, do you enjoy constantly developing your skills and are you interested in working on Naval Command & Control systems? Then you are the person we are looking for.
- You are a talented DevOps Engineer, with 3-5 years’ experience who enjoys designing, developing and testing complex infrastructure and software solutions;
- With every design decision you take, security is the first thing you consider. Relevant technologies that you will use in your activities include: Linux, Python, Java, TCP/IP networking;
- Nice to have knowledge on: JSON, XML;
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system (in particular RHEL6-8), hardening of the Operating System including SELinux know-how) and knowledge of configuration management tooling (e.g. Ansible) is required;
- Knowledge of IT architecture, network equipment by several vendors and (container) virtualization is preferred;
- You hold a bachelor or master degree in computer science, system or network engineering, IT service management or comparable;
- Your colleagues are recognized experts in the field and will help you get up to speed and Thales will gladly invest in your development.
An important requirement to fulfill this role is flexibility and the ability to communicate efficiently in English to all types (technical, management) of stakeholders. You are willing to work for in The Netherlands for a period of a couple of weeks up to 3 months for the purpose of knowledge transfer.
Your career at THALES
Joining Thales, you will integrate into a tight-knit team working in an international and friendly environment. Thanks to various teams working on multiple fields and domains, all located in Bucharest, you will be able to evolve and grow your competences in different areas.
- Room for and attention to personal development
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial or international level, within the various markets Thales is working in
Your immediate benefits
- 24 holiday days a year;
- A good work-life balance which includes flexible working hours and work from home options;
- A comprehensive compensation and benefit package including medical coverage.
Your working location in Romania:
Hosted in the new state-of-the-art Orhideea Towers, our Bucharest site is home to over 400 employees working across the various Thales businesses. A modern facility with views of the city, we are across the street from Grozavesti subway station and tram stop. You have everything you need to make your working day as enjoyable as possible: There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in and near the building, a small supermarket, a restaurant canteen and a trendy coffee bar in the Orhideea Towers and on the Thales floors, we have lunch/coffee break areas and more importantly recreation rooms (PS4, table soccer, rest pod)!
Information on recruitment process
Prior to receiving an offer:
- Pre-qualification by phone for the pre-selected candidates
- A technical assessment/interview
- Interview with a hiring manager and a Talent Acquisition partner
*the technical and Hiring Manager interview can be combined
Receiving an offer:
- When receiving an offer, you will be in touch with your Talent Acquisition partner to discuss your contract
Accepting an offer:
- Congrats! You will now get on-board into the Thales world. Your team will accompany you so that you first steps become a success