Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
The IT Department of Ubisoft is looking for a Software Tester who will be involved in various project assignments within the Group, ranging from internal projects with corporate clients, to external web needs. The test typologies you will cover include but are not limited to: integration testing, functional testing, end-to-end testing, and regression testing.
What you’ll do
- Evaluate and test new or modified products and applications, to verify that they function according to user requirements and to established guidelines.
- Create, update and execute test plans and test cases.
- Work proactively in coordination with the development team for the troubleshooting and resolving of issues in a timely manner.
- Present ideas on system improvements based on hands on experience.
- Thoroughly report test results and manage follow up including fix verification, updating bug tracking database etc.
- Contribute to the design, documentation, implementation and maintenance of test environments and test systems and processes.
What you’ll bring as experience
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both orally and written.
- Good experience on STLC and SDLC process (end to end) & QA methodologies
- Technical writing experience (test plans, work procedures, user guides etc.).
- Experience with Back Offices and Fronts (working with HTML, CSS).
- Experience with APIs testing & tools (SoapUI/POSTMAN).
- Knowledge of Web Testing, Functionality, Usability Testing, Mobile Testing; knowledge of SQL & MySQL queries is a plus.
What you'll bring as a colleague
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience;
- Able to prioritize tickets based on the business needs; analysis and synthesis abilities;
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Good organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Autonomy, ability to work with minimal guidance.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Ubisoft’steam members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.