The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
As part of the maintenance in operational conditions of CAUTRA (set of software components for the control of air traffic), and in order to contribute to the safety assurance of the software with respect to the standard ED-109/ED-109A, we have to implement the developments for the corrections of anomalies and evolutions based on the needs expressed by different users, and we have to implement the integration and validation of these software components.
In particular, we wish to redesign the architecture of one of our testing tools, ESOPPE, in order to free ourselves of its obsolete software components, and gradually migrate towards more modern technologies, with a view to facilitating usability and maintainability.
We are searching for a technical profile capable of ensuring the following activities:
- Provide a study proposing a re-architecture and migration from the ESOPPE tool, while respecting the restrictions of a concept note
- Provide information concerning figures and planning for the proposed solution
- Ensure the exchanges with the French teams with regard to the proposed solution, and serve globally as intermediary, when necessary, during the discussions between the French and Romanian teams
- Take charge of the activities
- Contribute to the recruitment, training, integration of a new Romanian collaborator in the context of the implementation of the activity
- Observe the deadlines and costs mentioned in the study
We wish for this profile to be able to evolve towards a role of “Team Leader” in order to ensure the implementation of the following activities:
- Ensure the interface between the Romanian and French teams
- Contribute to the skill acquisition of the future Romanian team within the ATC domain
- Comprehend the ATC business for the different types of required technical collaborations, and share the information with the Romanian team
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables executed by the nearshore team
- Observe the deadlines and costs mentioned at the beginning of the mission
- Serve as intermediary, when necessary, during the discussions between the French and Romanian teams
- Keep "stakeholders” informed with regard to the progress of the nearshore team
- Track the management of the associated risks and actions
Required competencies / experience:
- Mastery of the French language: spoken, written, and comprehension
- Good knowledge of the
- Knowledge and understanding of the ATC profession
- Having references as developer, designer, and architect of software solutions
Requested competencies / experience:
- Having been involved in Air Traffic Control projects for many years
- Having references as team leader
- T0: June 2021
- 1 ETP senior category (>=7 years of experience)
- 1 month in France (Toulouse), preferably starting July 2021
- End of mission: T4 2022 (minimum)
- CAUTRA: Coordinateur Automatique du Trafic Aérien français/ French Air Traffic Automatic Coordinator
- ATC: Air Traffic Control