Database Development Expert @HN Services (GP)
HN Services, a company specialized in digital transformation and software development, has 35 years worldwide presence, with offices in Romania (Bucharest), France (Paris, Marseille, Aix en Provence), Portugal (Lisbon and Porto), Spain (Madrid),) and Luxembourg, with over 1200 employees.
HN Services Romania has strengthened its local presence since 2006, always being guided by values such as commitment, communication, closeness towards its employees and partners, openness, agility and involvement. We like to recommend ourselves as having the mindset of a company and the agility of a start-up.
With its own Training Center, HN Services Romania contributed to the professional reconversion of more than 200 specialists in Cobol, Java and .NET. We develop projects for various industries from banking to automotive, mainframe (Cobol), Java, .NET, Android, iOS, Salesforce, etc.
Under the slogan #changethecode, we make a difference in the way we work, recruit and in the relationship with our partners and employees. We invite you to find more about us on our LinkedIn page or on Facebook.
• Act as the main contact for database expertise (contact infrastructure teams and development teams).
• Working with Continuous Delivery and Agile methodologies.
• Maintain responsibility for analysis of Sybase and SQL code.
• Tune queries, write Stored Procedures, perform indexing and other database elements.
• Database design, coding, testing, debugging.
• Review and enhance existing Sybase/SQL code to improve performance.
• Plan/design database changes related to data conversion, tool configuration.
• Plan data refresh, migration, other initiatives related to large development projects.
• Troubleshoot and resolve production problems involving databases.
• Document incident patterns and solutions/workarounds to solve them.
• Continuously improve and automate the database monitoring and alerting.
• Participate to the non-business hour needs (DR, Infrastructure Weekend,
• You have excellent understanding of Sybase database (or SQL Server ) and SQL.
• Good understanding of Linux system and scripting (Bash/Python).
• At least 8 years’ experience with supporting and development applications;
• Curiosity and patience to investigate complex issues;
• Good communication skills & ability to summarize key messages;
• Good command of English, both written and spoken. French would be a good plus;
• To be able to challenge the solution provided by the development team.
• Be able to challenge the technical/infrastructure patches delivered by infrastructure team.
• Tools you will work with: AseMon, XL Deploy, Puppet, GIT, Maven, Jira, Jenkins, Autosys, VM, Cloud, Groovy.