British American Tobacco is a leading tobacco group, with brands sold in more than 200 markets. We employ more than 57,000 people and, with over 200 brands in our portfolio, we make the cigarette chosen by one in eight of the world’s one billion adult smokers. We hold robust market positions in each of our four regions – Americas; Asia-Pacific; Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa; and Western Europe – and we are leaders in more than 60 markets.Cerinte
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• University degree or similar gained from experience;
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance positions;
• English (spoken and written), mother-tongue or equivalent standard;
• In-depth knowledge of financial software packages (SAP) and the classic packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Acknowledged and proven oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality;
• Understanding of long-term issues in the business.
The purpose of the role involves the provision of expertise across the range of Accounting and Taxation (AT) activities and execution of AT services remaining at end the market level.
To contribute at delivering the proper and optimum control environment at the End Market level, driving key activities in the areas of risk and insurance among all functions and supporting other departments in delivering in conformity with expected Group standards on those issues.
• Accounting Executive should act as a proactive business partner to all departments within EM to identify opportunities for enhancing accounting and taxation effectiveness within the EM and assist the TM/FC in achieving the agreed appropriate AT blueprint, more specifically;
• Ensures data reconciliation and validation of gift tickets granted to shop assistants;
• Prepares local statutory financial reporting of tax levied on gift tickets ensuring consistency through a robust reconciliation process;
• Supports annual audit cycle and ensures that it is completed within set deadline. Ensures that all audit issues are resolved or communicated timely and clearly to TM/FC;
• Monitor, advice and correct, if necessary, the activity of shared services company. Control SLA with Finance Service Centre to meet both, managerial and statutory reporting deadlines;
• Advise the EM departments on all areas of accounting and taxation management;
• Trial balance sense check (such as reconciliation of movements, nature and age of balances, etc.);
• Update Mandatory Manual Statutory Accounting Registers;
• Monthly Postings Register reconciliation with trial balance;
• Review VAT journal and Correct potential wrong VAT coding;
• Assist with the Execution of related End-market projects;
• Implement a philosophy of continuous improvement regarding AT management best practice in the EM
• Consistent with the AT strategy, facilitate the centralization of AT transactions with the BASSE;;
• Ensure EM compliance to the AT manuals and contribute, with specific focus on the control environment;
• Assist the TM/FC with project on an ad-hoc basis;
• Under the supervision of the TM/FC and in line with the Group strategy on those matters, is responsible for applying the strategy, objectives and action plans at EM level regarding risk management and insurance management;
• Provide statutory Financial Statements and/or Corporate Tax, VAT Tax Returns and other mandatory periodical reports to authorities;
• Produce/verify monthly Key Balance Sheet Accounts Controls;
• Complete ad-hoc requests that can support decision-making at EM level when necessary;
• Monitor and adapt to legislative change.