Full Stack Developer
Reporting to: Systems Analysis Director
Department name: Life & DI New Business
Location: Bucharest, Ro / Cluj, Ro
Key goal: Be a productive contributing member of the Life & DI New Business team in all development efforts to design, grow & enhance our book of business
Who We Are – MassMutual Romania
MassMutual Romania – in partnership with MassMutual in the United States – will help shape a culture of innovation and to create the digital products and technology solutions that help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Positioning MassMutual for its next 20 million customers and remaining innovative in a digital-first world led to the creation of MassMutual Romania in 2020. With offices in Bucharest and Cluj, MassMutual Romania was established to build an in-house team with expertise in application development and support, quality assurance and data science.
For 170 years, MassMutual has put its customers at the heart of what it does by providing holistic financial solutions, guidance, and education on their terms. Its long-term strategy helps ensure that policyowners and their loved ones can rely on them to be there when they need them most. I
f this vision excites you, we are seeking a Full Stack Developer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Full Stack Developer to join our Life & DI New Business team.
The Full Stack Developer supports development work in both the Algorithmic Underwriting (ALGO) & Digital Health Profile (DHP) space including rotational production support responsibilities for our DEV/Ops model for DHP.
- Conduct design/peer reviews
- Mentor to others
- Operate independently
- Identify technical innovations
- Responsible for all aspects of application development
- Communicate with global teams in the US, India or Romania
- Interaction with Business partners on occasion
- Proven experience with the following skills:
- SOAP & REST service
- Spring boot
- Data Power
- Spring boot
- REST service,
- AWS SNS & SQS, S3, CloudFormation,
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, engineering, or an analytical field such as mathematics or Information systems
- 5 years of Application design/development experience in Java with technical knowledge across multiple areas
- Working knowledge of DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and Test Automation
- Good communication skills, reasoning skills, team player
- Preferred experience includes knowledge of insurance and retirement services.