Junior System Administrator
Our people make the difference!
We are a purpose driven company with ambitious, highly skilled people and an academic culture that we are proud of. We use our passion for mathematics to optimize organizations and, with every mathematical optimization and analytics solution we implement, we make the world a little better.
At ORTEC, you will be part of a unique organization and team! We will support you in finding your strengths and the best way to succeed within the company through a challenging, hands-on experience.
What we do
As a company that is driven by data and technology, we focus on improving the impact our solutions have on our customers’ business. Therefore, research and development is an important factor in our activity. We continuously strive to improve our product suite and services. We develop optimization and analytics solutions that are state-of-the-art and often pioneering. Our employees have vast experience in Operations Research and IT, which we combine with extensive knowledge of industry-specific business processes across almost every industry imaginable. What is our everyday goal? Finding better solutions in shorter times, providing our customers with a key to sustainable success in a challenging world. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive.
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 37 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 2,000 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.
- 1 year working experience;
- Microsoft Windows administration environment;
- Good IT knowledge;
- Able to work in shifts schedule and on-call;
- Good analytical mind, conceptually and solution-oriented thinking;
- Able to troubleshoot quickly and carefully;
- Good written and verbal English skills.
You might also have:
- Administration and monitoring of security solutions like Antivirus, Firewall solutions;
- Basic network knowledge like switching, routing, VPN technologies;
- Basic expertise with cloud environments;
- Microsoft certifications.
As Jr. System Administrator you will be part of ORTEC Hosting Operations Center team and you will be responsible for carrying out daily monitoring tasks, configuring and reacting to hardware and software alerts, updates and patching, performing, maintenance and solve 1st line incidents related to ORTEC Global Hosting platforms. This is a “hands-on” position requiring technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What you do:
- Proactively monitor and manage incidents/malfunctions investigation for provided hosting services.
- Responsible for handling Level 1 technical cases using internal ticketing system and keep track of these issues during the whole resolution process
- Conducts root cause analyses for incidents and signals any improvement requirements.
- Perform regular system maintenance and apply updates on a regular basis.
- Reviewing system and application logs, backups and restore
What we offer:
- Great opportunities to develop yourself (clear career paths, yearly evaluations and increases, job rotation program)
- Annual bonus based on team’s accomplishments – up to 1 full salary;
- Additional vacation days based on years at ORTEC;
- An open and friendly work environment with a great location, new and easy to access office building;
- Relaxation areas, daily fruits delivery, foosball table, our own bar the ”ORTap”
- On-site chair massage;
- Events: Annual teambuilding, Christmas party, monthly ORTEC Sports Day;
ORTEC is implementing a Work from Anywhere policy that combines the benefits from the past as well as the learnings from the present;
- Sports benefits offered in collaboration with the network 7card;
- “Bookster “subscription;
- Fun quizzes, cooking sessions, coffee calls with colleagues and much more creativity in this new world we are all adjusting to.