Software Developer, R&D and Supply Chain
The Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) Inc. is a Fortune 500 multinational manufacturer and marketer of prestige skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products, headquartered in New York City. As the global leader in prestige beauty, we touch over half a billion consumers a year. The company owns a diverse portfolio of brands, distributed internationally through both digital commerce and retail channels.
The Software Developer should be a motivated and talented individual passionate about building software products with a strong emphasis on design, quality, performance and amazing user experiences. The individual should have the ability to lead teams, implement processes and drive performance to succeed in a complex environment. The role is highly autonomous requires strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze quantitatively scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables. This is an amazing opportunity for someone that wants to lead engineering teams to build large-scale innovative software products that will redefine the beauty industry using technology.
Qualifications Functional Skills
- Team building / Mentoring / Foster career growth and a strong team culture
- Determine product visions, roadmaps, and feature priorities
- Interface with our stakeholders to understand requirements, set priorities, and communicate direction and progress
- Drive diverse thinking and problem solving
- Drive Engineering strategy and vision for products, working closely with customers and product managers.
- Working knowledge of Agile scrum
- Define and set standards and build an engineering-driven culture
- Experience in cloud design, development, and operations
- An understanding of the SDLC and a track record of shipping software on time
- Knowledge of software engineering and best practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Manage the agile processes and methodologies
- CI/CD Automation
- CI/CD automation preferred
- Experience with high volume, performance-driven distributed systems
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost-effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate technical discussions and drive solutions forward to achieve business needs and ensure alignment to strategic technology vision
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with enterprise IT systems and environments (cloud, networking, capacity planning, operations)
- Demonstrated experience with designing or working with highly available and reliable systems, including work on technical design, defining SLAs, KPIs for tracking and improving software reliability
- A history of successfully building, leading, and growing technology teams, including work in the agile process, objective setting, career path guidance, and staff performance
- History of delivering solutions consistently and managing the complexity of large project implementations.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners, technology teams, production support, and technical operations teams
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and problem-solving skills to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication.
- Demonstrated ability and curiosity to pursue vision and direction in a way that drives team engagement and motivation
- Adaptability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with many moving parts and a large variety of responsibilities, including geographical diversity of technical functions
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment, including the ability to think big in a rapidly evolving technology space. Ability to successfully handle ambiguity.