IT Project Manager, Regulatory Compliance
The Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) Inc. is a Fortune 500, multinational manufacturer and marketer of prestige skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products, headquartered in New York City. As the global leader in prestige beauty, we touch over half a billion consumers a year. The company owns a diverse portfolio of brands, distributed internationally through both digital commerce and retail channels.
We are seeking a dynamic project manager ideally with CPG, Pharma or Retail company experience. Consultative by nature with the ability to work independently &/or collaboratively. Lead project teams, mentors and provides hands-on support, as this global multi-year R&D project contains high complexity with a significant impact to the business. R&D background is a major plus; specifically working within the following disciplines: Clinical, Packaging, Regulatory, Quality, Operations, Innovation, Planning, Product Development. The project manager is responsible for full lifecycle management of a product/service. They manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, specifying market requirements for current and future products. They lead ideation, technical development, and launch of new products. Additionally, they establish a shared vision with business unit stakeholders by building consensus on priorities and product execution. Key Activities
- Seasoned IT PM who can work independently, collaboratively or lead a team
- Develops detailed project plans and assignments, track and control the project milestones, activities and resources
- Manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints
- Supervision of vendor partners and guidance to the project team
- Provides senior leadership with reports status updates via live presentations
- Lead cross-functional project teams by prioritizing and coordinating all aspects of project execution
- Management of relationships and deliverables across global IT and business organizations.
- Work closely with business sponsors, stakeholders and functional owners as needed to ensure well-defined business cases, strategies and project plans
- Complete project documentation as per PMO best practices and methodology
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- SDLC Methodology - Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development
- Strong knowledge of analytics / detail oriented / innovative problem resolution
- Provide management and strategic direction to a project team and is shares responsibility.
- Provides Project Financial Management, to:
- Ensure project funding processes are completed
- Manage project budget and changes
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis
- Update project forecasts on a monthly basis
- Track and report on project burn rate
Qualifications Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Project Management Certification (e.g. PMP, Prince, etc.)
- Agile Project Management Experience (SCRUM Experience and/or Certification is preferred)
- ITIL certifications (preferred)
- Advanced user of Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams)
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Project 13 and/or MS Project Online
- Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Management
- Understanding of future technologies
- Leadership – Indicate management responsibility including planning for the department’s future needs, operations, hiring, performance management and talent planning.
- Budgetary and Financial Accountability – projections for the actual amount of operating budget and/or cost savings.
- Critical Thinking; Decision Making; Problem Solving: Actions / Next Steps Needed
- Knowledge of budgeting and work scheduling tools and techniques
- SDLC Methodologies - Agile / Scrum / Rapid Development / Iterative Development / Waterfall
- Release / Deployment management