Lead Developer, R&D Applications
Accountable for day to day functioning of the portfolio of R&D and C2M IT applications and technology-based solutions. Actively manages application support vendors, other IT teams and OneSource (Shared Service division) where appropriate. Activities include problem management, performance and capacity management, service level coordination, incident management., escalation management, release management/execution, change management, and HA/DR/BCP. Recommends improvements that reduce support costs & optimize performance. Ensures system management is within GxP regulations and IT Audit contols.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the monitoring system to ensure stability, reliability, security and availability of applications and services for the business
- Manage the application support vendor – for break/fix incident management, service requests and problem management
- Application maintenance regarding software patching including regulatory & statutory updates
- Oversight and delivery of application specific enhancements
- Responsible for resource allocation, vendor support selection and managing vendor support resources
- Assures compliance with all protocols
- Contributes to product feature optimization and prioritization
- Responsible for release management, coordination, and adherence to quality standards
- Participate in the daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- System administrative activities when required
- Ad-hoc and standard reporting of sensitive content
- Assists with applications support beyond R&D as needed (e.g. Supply Chain, Legal)
- Strong understanding of R&D and C2M technologies and continues to build knowledge
- Interest in improving work processes and keeps an eye on new technology developments in R&D and C2M applications
- Understanding of future technologies
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems
- Application domain knowledge
- Oral & written communications
- Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts / processes
- Quality methodologies -- Lean / LSS / Six Sigma
- Computer System Validation regulations and protocols
- Knowledge of Java, C#.Net, ASP.Net, or more programming languages.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Microservices architecture, CI/CD delivery management.
- Knowledge of Oracle DB stored procedures and functions.
- Experience managing portfolio of custom developed enterprise applications and other COTS applications such as Siemens Teamcenter, OpenText, and Veeva RegOne is a plus.
- Experience with ELC Cornerstone applications such as PDS, RDS, GMW, GCS, Make-Buy, TLM, etc is a plus.
- Knowledge of software lifecycles and practices and how to best apply them for short- and long-term sustainable systems and teams.
- Experience managing GXP compliant applications and supporting change management needed for CSV – computerized system validation in line with the regulatory guidelines.
- Bachelor’s in computer science (or equivalent).