Senior QA Game Tester
As part of GlobalStep's ongoing expansion and growth strategy, we are establishing a new Games QA practice in Bucharest. The opening of this office enables GlobalStep to be in closer proximity to our clients in Europe all while providing additional diversity to GlobalStep's tester resource pool.
Who we are
We are a world leader in technology services with offices in Dallas, Montreal, Farnborough, Pune and now Bucharest
We have 9 lines of service that include Games QA, Translation, LQA, Embedded Services, Player Support, Playtest Analysis, Software Testing, Application Development and Content Management
We support a global customer base ranging from small and medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 100 companies.
• 2+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance Processes and Methodologies in gaming on at least 3 titles (mobile/PC/console)
• Experienced in end-to-end testing of a game across all phases of its development.
• Experience in test planning strategies and maintaining test cases.
• Strong aptitude for identifying high value defects using domain expertise across platforms and genres. Creates excellent defect reports including any supporting information required to debug and prioritise a defect.
• Excellent attention to detail in test case execution and displays creativity and curiousity in non-scripted testing activities.
• Effective workload management and has the capability to quickly adapt to changing project priorties
• Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
• Proficient in the use of testing tools e.g., JIRA, TestRail, MS Excel, basic SQL commands
• Stays up to date with the latest trends of QA / Software testing
• Software Testing including Functional, Exploratory, Usability, Compatibility, Usability and Regression testing
• Familiarise yourself with the goals and testing strategy of every project you work on and identify any problems that could impact testing before the project commences.
• Use established and innovative methods to identify high vaue defects, minimising the number of invalid and duplicate defects found.
• Create concise bug reports, including root cause analysis.
• Execute test cases accurately and efficently
• Managing your workload as assigned by the QA Lead and supporting other team members with their workload as required.
• Communicate quality risks and dependencies in a timely manner to ensure that they have visibility and are addressed.
• Share your insights as to the playability of a title.
• Propose solutions to improve the team’s way of working.
• Maintain test cases to improve test case execution efficiency and test coverage.
• Support the onboarding of new testers.
• Coach and mentor less experienced testers to increase the teams overall testing capabilties and expertise.
What we offer
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• A rare opportunity to help build and shape a brand-new team
• Hybrid working from home model
• A professional, fun and supportive work environment
• Partnering with the world’s best technology and gaming companies, working across all major platforms including Xbox One, PS4 & 5, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia, iOS, Android
• Working to industry standards as part of an Agile team
• Further opportunity to work on exciting projects at major Games Studios