Optical Design Engineer - ADAS TSR
We are developing Advanced Driver Assistant (ADAS) sensors which are based on advanced technologies in electronics and Optics. The ADAS sensors enhance the vehicles with new driver assist and preventive safety functions and they are among the most important components of the future Automated Driving Vehicles.
Our Infrared Short Range Lidar and Camera sensors contain advanced optical components.
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious optician to join our team.
You'll be trained by our optical experts from Germany to take over next responsibilities:
Optical components evaluation
- Perform the optical measurements for lenses, Infrared Laser LEDs, Infrared Photodiodes;
- Perform the optical characterization of the materials (ex: materials for windshield, lenses, light guide etc.).
Support the Development of the new optical components
- Perform optical simulation for the components;
- Contribute to the specifications for components evaluations and tests;
- Analyze and evaluate their robustness (resistance over temperature, aging...etc.).
Support for series production of ADAS sensors
- Contribute to yield-optimization measures in series production (help the series production team to reach the planned efficiency and reduce the material waste);
- Contribute to Return analysis (analyze the optical parameters of the returned sensors). Supplier Management
- Create the specifications for suppliers;
- Contribute to the suppliers selection for the optical components;
- Offer support to the suppliers to reach and maintain the desired quality.
In addition, your support is needed for creation of the optical laboratory in ADAS team:
- Support in equipment selection and procurement;
- Set, put in function and maintain the optical equipment;
- Institute the procedure and rules for the laboratory usage. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
The candidates need to have:
- University Degree (Physics, Mechanics or Mechatronics);
- Good theoretical knowledge in optics;
- Knowledge in optical measurement and optical characterization methods;
- Planning and Organization skills;
- Able to take the initiative;
- Communication skills;
- Good language skills (English, German is a plus).
Knowledge in one of following areas would be an advantage:
- Working/measuring LEDs, Laser LEDs, Photodiodes;
- Handling with Infrared Light sources;
- Optical simulation software (eg. Zemax, SPEOS).
What we offer:
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
- Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
- Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
- Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.