SQL Database Administrator @HN Services Romania (IB)
HN Services, a company specialized in digital transformation and software development, has 35 years worldwide presence, with offices in Romania (Bucharest), France (Paris, Marseille, Aix en Provence), Portugal (Lisbon and Porto), Spain (Madrid),) and Luxembourg, with over 1200 employees.
HN Services Romania has strengthened its local presence since 2006, always being guided by values such as commitment, communication, closeness towards its employees and partners, openness, agility and involvement. We like to recommend ourselves as having the mindset of a company and the agility of a start-up.
With its own Training Center, HN Services Romania contributed to the professional reconversion of more than 200 specialists in Cobol, Java and .NET. We develop projects for various industries from banking to automotive, mainframe (Cobol), Java, .NET, Android, iOS, Salesforce, etc.
Under the slogan #changethecode, we make a difference in the way we work, recruit and in the relationship with our partners and employees. We invite you to find more about us on our LinkedIn page or on Facebook.
• 2+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required or similar experience with managing SQL Server databases;
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models;
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server;
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory;
• Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality;
• Pro-active, stress resistant, service minded;
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment;
• Ability to organize and plan work independently;
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams in an international environment;
• Good written and verbal English skills.
• Install, configure and maintain SQL database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security;
• Create functions/stored procedures (automation)
• Create SQL server traces profiler trace or side trace for application troubleshooting purposes and performance investigations;
• Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations;
• Troubleshooting of databases, SQL Infrastructure, locking/blocking;
• Backup & Restore;
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes;
• Level 3 escalation for database type incidents;
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
• MCSA, MCSE certifications;
• Experience with process automation;
• Experience with SQL licensing;
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools