Tax Consultant/ Senior Tax Consultant
Exceptional client service, without exception. There are many ways to answer the question “Why BDO?”
We could tell you about our 1,600 offices worldwide. We could mention our comprehensive service offerings, our experience across virtually every major industry, or the wide range of clients we serve, from regional businesses to global leaders.
But what truly sets BDO apart is our commitment to exceeding expectations on every engagement, big or small, for every client, local or multinational. It’s about more than our depth of experience or technical excellence, more than our open, communicative culture. It’s about a firm-wide dedication to delivering service to every single client that is, without exception, exceptional.
What are we looking for?
• Higher education in economy, law or HR
• 0-2 years of relevant experience (more is a plus)
• Hands on experience in the following areas is also a plus
a. Expatriate tax compliance: income tax and social security computation in respect of income derived by expatriates in Romania, related social security matters
b. Personal taxation and social security advisory: regarding the tax status and/or tax treatment of various types of income derived by Romanian tax residents and non-residents for tax purposes
c. Compensation: analysis of the tax treatment of compensation elements such as: salary, benefits, allowances, bonuses and long term incentives;
• Very good knowledge of computer systems (Microsoft Office)
• Fluent in English – experience with English as a work language
• Proactive, a team player, pragmatic, highly motivated who wants to make a career in a rapid changing work environment and with great ability to prioritize tasks
! If you are a junior professional don’t hesitate to apply! You will learn all the necessary skills and grow your professional expertise with us!
We are interested in candidates with some experience in Payroll and/ or income tax/ social security contributions analysis that can take a role in ensuring tax compliance for some of our biggest clients.
• You will work with the client and the engagement team to understand the client's business, provide practical implementable solutions, support the implementation of these recommendations.
• You must be able to demonstrate functional expertise in the areas of personal taxation (Romanian and international), social security (Romanian and international) and domestic payroll
• You will utilize the firm wide methodologies and tools, including computer-based software solutions
• You will prepare working papers and other documents in conjunction with serving the client (e.g., proposals, engagement letters, presentations, final reports, personal tax computations)
• You will provide guidance to assist other team members in reaching their full potential (e.g., willingly address questions, contribute constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conduct meaningful and timely performance reviews) and assists them in designing and implementing individual development plans.
• You will also develop and coach other people
What do we offer:
• Personal & professional growth;
• Onboarding program;
• Career journey;
• Training programs;
• Extra-salary benefits such as meal tickets, private medical insurance, work from home & flexible program, gym membership and many more.
We provide you an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- Grow your expertise through professional development & ongoing learning experiences (including international certifications);
- Perform accounting for clients from various fields of activity;
- Be part of a growing team that help you to be the best professional you can be in our services;
- Be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
By applying to this job post, you are giving BDO Romania your consent to process the data provided in your Curriculum Vitae. We mention that your data will be used exclusively for conducting the recruitment process and to possibly conclude a contractual collaboration. If your application is not successful, BDO Romania might keep your personal data for future employment oportunities for which you may be suited. All your data will be treated with confidentiality, in accordance to EU Legislation 2016679 and you have the right to contact us anytime at privacy [at] bdo [dot] ro to withdraw your consent for data processing or to correct/ modify/ delete the data provided.